Electric Vehicles

It’s going to be amazing when some pigfucker in the Nexas legislature moves to ban Twitter and Abbott and the rest of those freaks leap up and shout NO NO NO!

3 Likes

My sarc meter is probably kaput, but I doubt Abbott will be leaping up at anything.

4 Likes

Now that would be a story.

1 Like

Finding out that Abbott faked his injury in order to fleece someone for a settlement would be shocking / not shocking.

1 Like

This can’t be legal, right?

He’s the head of both, I suppose he can do what he wants to resolve their competing interests. Whether it’s smart is a different question.

He’s the CEO of both, but they have different owners. He’s just screwed over Tesla shareholders to boost X’s owners.

Sure, but somebody had to make the call. Would it have been better to screw X rather than Tesla? You and I undoubtedly think so, but apparently he doesn’t.

It doesn’t matter if you or I care; it matters if Tesla shareholders care.

If they care, they can remove him — difficult, since I think he’s still the majority shareholder — or they can sell their shares, which is what I did a while ago after it became apparent that he’s crazy.

1 Like

They can file a derivative suit.

Rivian has refreshed the R1T. It now has 80 miles more range than a CyberTruck, more towing capacity than a CyberTruck, is faster 0-60 than a CyberTruck and cheaper than a CyberTruck.

It’s also infinity better-looking and won’t get you laughed at on the daily. I also believe it can navigate car washes without imploding.

I am glad to see that Rivian is pushing on because R3.

To quote a famous attorney:

“What, like it’s hard?”

1 Like

This is how you do technology on an electric truck.

[Video in above link]

1 Like

I love this kind of pushback on people trying to make the WankPanzer out to be a sensible purchase.

But it begs the question: given that an EV platform is just a “skateboard” with no mechanicals to intrude into the passenger area - and is perfect for in-traffic, hopper-shopper driving - why the fuck hasn’t someone made an electric minivan?

If nothing else, it would be a welcome change from the $60,000 crossover SUVs that manufacturers seem to think everyone wants. People want EVs, but not everyone wants the same fucking EV.

I thought VW had such a thing.

Good point. I’d forgotten about that. Due out some time this year.

Today, in setting money on fire:

DETROIT (AP) — Tesla shareholders on Thursday voted to restore CEO Elon Musk’s record $44.9 billion pay package that was thrown out by a Delaware judge earlier this year.

Vote totals were not immediately announced. The favorable vote doesn’t mean CEO Musk will get the all-stock compensation anytime soon. The package is likely to remain tied up in the Delaware Chancery Court for months as Tesla appeals the rejection.

This is the backdrop for Tesla’s board’s decision.

What’s remarkable about this is, even though Tesla have long-standing and well-known issues with fit and finish, they are well priced and well positioned in their categories and continue to Iteratively improve their vehicles. I would guess the vast majority of those reduced sales are because Musk is a dork and there are now options.

1 Like