Electric Vehicles

This is exactly the type of advice I was expecting

Racing tractors is so Luddite. A parade is much more fitting for such a noble vehicle.

Yes, that is the town I live in in Vermont.

1 Like

Can’t put this possum in a cage

1 Like

Any reasons why or why not?

That looks pretty stout.

One piece of advice I saw or heard on lawn equipment was to get it from a dealer, not a home center.

The home center models are less expensive for a reason and may not hold up to rigorous use.

This will be an unpopular opinion but I wouldn’t have a huge problem with this IF the company were up front about it when someone buys the car. For example, if I can’t afford all the features of a particular car today, it would be nice to buy the fully loaded car at a lower price and simply have some features behind a paywall. Later on I can pay a one-time fee to unlock them rather than paying an outrageous installation fee. Just don’t make it a subscription (e.g. BMW heated seats), fuck that.

It’s also possible that Musk is simply lying about this.

1 Like

Default assumption.

I’m kinda sour on the yellow and green that shall not be named. But that’s a personal thing. And just why the hell not a tractor?

Have a tractor and shredder of those nameless colors, I need something that can get in-out-and-around the cattle pens and also get hauled to my mom’s house and my house easily.

Out of curiosity, why no zero turn?

By the way I love George Jones and saw him live any number of times and if you didn’t I feel sorry for you. One of those times was at the Great Frederick Fair not far from das’ old stopming grounds. To my delight he opened with No Show Jones. It was an outSTANding performance.

I’ve probably mentioned this before but one of my old bands was late to a gig because we were in the hotel watching Hee Haw because George Jones was the guest. We eventually roll up to the club and the manager’s furious. I couldn’t bring myself to tell him why baby why we were late. We had spent the night in town and the place we’d played the previous night was only about an hour away and he was well aware of where we’d been the night before. It only takes an hour to get here! Yeah, well. We urbane indie rockers were back at the Econolodge watching Hee Haw was not an explanation that I felt had a good chance of satisfying him.

2 Likes

This series is fantastic. Mike Judge Presents Tales from the Tour Bus: George and Tammy

3 Likes

Perfect

3 Likes

Finally! This has been low-hanging fruit for years.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/tesla-autopilot-probe-us-prosecutors-focus-securities-wire-fraud-2024-05-08/

May 8 (Reuters) - U.S. prosecutors are examining whether Tesla committed securities or wire fraud by misleading investors and consumers about its electric vehicles’ self-driving capabilities, three people familiar with the matter told Reuters.

Tesla’s Autopilot and Full Self-Driving systems assist with steering, braking and lane changes - but are not fully autonomous. While Tesla has warned drivers to stay ready to take over driving, the Justice Department is examining other statements by Tesla and Chief Executive Elon Musk suggesting its cars can drive themselves.

Musk has lied his ass off year after year about the current and future capabilities of his self-driving tech. And he charged $16,000 for it while never actually delivering. It’s been in beta for how long?

I’m just shocked that there’s an actual real person with this thing in their head.

2 Likes

I heard this story a long time ago

4 Likes

It’s all coming apart. Musk knows it, which is why he wants a $50 billion payout.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 3.01.01 PM

And, separately…

Assuming those voluntary resignations are true, that salary payout had better be available as a lump sum in cash that someone can physically carry out of the HR office. Otherwise it just sounds like a bait and switch.

2 Likes

Very good point. Musk has run afoul of European employment laws before (insta-firing Twitter employees which is illegal) and maybe he’s trying to be a bit smarter now.