College Hoops 2021

Hell of a game last night in Lawrence. Hated to see Tech come up short in 2OT.

1 Like

Did Tech’s radio announcers get reinstated?

That one hurt. If Tech fouls at the end of the first overtime before a shot, they win.

Or if Shannon or McCullar had shown up.

1 Like

Big XII vs SEC today with ten games:

TCU defeats #19 LSU 77-68
Missouri at #23 Iowa State
West Virginia at Arkansas
#4 Baylor at Alabama
Kansas State at Ole Miss
Oklahoma State at Florida
#12 Kentucky at #5 Kansas
Mississippi State at #13 Texas Tech
#18 Tennessee at Texas
Oklahoma at #1 Auburn

Many good games today.

#1 Auburn defeats Oklahoma 86-68
#23 Iowa State defeats Missouri 67-50
Arkansas defeats West Virginia 77-68

So far, the home team has won every game.

Bama threatening to upset Baylor…up by 10 with a little over 2 minutes remaining.

Look out for the Tide come tournament time. They now have wins this season over #2 Gonzaga, #4 Baylor and the #7 Coogs (yep, 3 of last year’s Final Four teams). Also has wins over #18 Tennessee and #19 LSU. They lost to #25 Davidson by 1 point and #1 Auburn by 4 points.

And have lost to Iona (neutral site), Davidson (home), Missouri (road), Memphis (road), Auburn (home) and Georgia (road). They are an inconsistent team. They play up or down to their competition. You never know what you will get. However, the loss at Georgia (ranked 213 in NET rankings) may have been their wake up call.

They also have a killer week this week. After Baylor, they go to Auburn Tuesday and then welcome Kentucky Saturday.

SEC now up 5 games to 2 with the Miss St/TT, Kentucky/Kansas and UT/UT games still outstanding.

ETA:
Kentucky is up by 20 at the half at Allen Fieldhouse.

SEC clinches the day as Kentucky kicks Kansas’ ass 80-62.

6-3 with UT/UT up.

Kentucky becomes the first road team to win in this year’s challenge. They beat Kansas convincingly 80-62.
Texas Tech rolls over Mississippi State 76-50.

Next up: UT vs UT

I like Rick Barnes. He really raised the bar for Texas Longhorns basketball.

5 Likes

Rick Barnes is a good guy. I understand why it was time for a change, but he was thoroughly professional, and I really appreciate his accomplishments here.

4 Likes

Tennessee can’t throw a pea in the ocean.

Texas escaped with a 1 point win.

Both teams took turns playing awful basketball.

Longhorns fortunate to prevail after missing 3 FTs in the last minute.

1 Like

The officiating in the Texas was absolutely atrocious.

The number of phantom touch fouls and questionable out of bounds calls was in the high double digits.

4 Likes

If you like defense, UT v. UT was the game for you.

Smothering defense creates awful basketball offense. Both teams played smothering defense. Rick Barnes was my favorite coach of all the UT coaches when he was at Texas. I hope his welcome back last night touched his heart.

2 Likes