College Football 2023

The game was in Dallas.

Oklahoma also lost more games than Texas.

Those fuckers never beat us in Austin.

1 Like

Not really a response to your post, but the 12 team playoff will create some scenarios where teams might not want to play their conference championship game. Teams ranked 6-12 for example will wish the game didn’t exist.

I’m a huge fan of the system of the system though, not only the increase in teams, but the genius of byes for 1-4 and the first two weeks of home games for the higher rated teams. Great incentives for being 1-4, and 5-8, and just great home games for the fans.

If they’d be right. Penn State is an absolute fraud.

I’m just surprised A&M didn’t try to hire Franklin.

There are teams right now that don’t want to play their conference championship game. Georgia wishes they didn’t play one this year, and Michigan and Washington had little to no upside in theirs, either.

Hopefully, the expanded playoff leads to more quality non-conference matchups since teams can still have a decent chance of making the playoff even if they lose.

Yeah, that’s true, but still doesn’t feel like apples to apples to me. I’ll state it this way: right now, there is no team ranked lower than 4 that doesn’t want to be in their championship game, even if they have no shot at the top four. Next year, there will be some teams ranked lower than 4 that wish they didn’t have to play.

Fuck 'em. Maybe they should just win the game.

This is the correct answer, especially from the pure college football fan that just wants to crown a true champion.

This years official “if you’re watching this you have a gambling problem” bowl game is Rutgers-Miami

I think you got it: 2pm on the Thursday b/t Christmas and New Year’s, 7-5 vs 6-6, combined 3-7 in their last 10 games, QBs combined for 28 TD and 20 INT

Wow.

I think I’m busy that afternoon.

Doing anything but watching that.

Dillon Gabriel, OU QB, has entered the transfer portal

As an FSU fan, winning doesn’t always work.

FTR, my 2nd team is BSU who was the only undefeated team in 2006 but finished 5th. ( I know- not big boy football)

If a team isn’t given a chance to win a championship even if they go undefeated they need to be in a different league.

1 Like

Amazing photo.

1 Like

Some will watch because of the subliminal implications of an RU win. NJ is a hotbed for HS talent, plundered relentlessly by Penn State and Maryland especially. The B1G (Big One Inch) does not want Rutgers (a member, mind you) to win.

This is pretty silly.

So, play nobody and win your CS and you deserve to be in the running for the Natty?

This is fucking stupid.

I get that.

I’m certainly not saying the 2006 BSU Broncos should have been national champions.

But what other sport or league can a team go undefeated and not have a chance to be champion?

All college football is not created equal.

If a team or conference or division can never win a championship then it should not be in that system.

Big boy college football is about 30 teams (maybe less) not 133.