College Football 2023

Well in order for the 12(Oklahoma) seed to win, they need to first beat the 5 seed(assuming Georgia if they were actaully doing seeding and 5 vs 6 mattered), then beat 4(Alabama), then beat 1(Michigan)/8(Oregon)/9(Mizzou) and then beat whoever comes out the other side. If a team does that, they fucking deserve it.

Edit: I don’t think we’ll ever see a 12 actually win the thing. That’s a very tough gauntlet and will be every year.

As an FSU fan I understand, but the committee just announced regular season doesn’t matter.

The 'Noles beat every team on their schedule. Texas can’t say that. Why should “style points” matter? Can anyone say for sure that they wouldn’t do just enough to win 2 more games and the championship?

There were 5 deserving teams. Thats just a fact. If I were a Texas fan I’m sure I would feel they deserved it if left out because both teams deserve it.

What is most disappointing is that an injury probably caused it and that sucks. The team lost their starting QB, managed to find a way to go undefeated anyway but were left out because they didn’t score enough.

To me that is way more impressive than teams winning by 30+ points

Telling young players that they have to win IMPRESSIVELY is a terrible message. But its reality.

But I can’t say that any of the 4 who were chosen did not deserve it.

My old school attitude and fandom just are disappointed thats all.

Since its over : Go Texas !!

1 Like

Let me clarify. No team would have a legitimate gripe. FSU does this year. Had Texas or Alabama been left out, they would. But Georgia does not. Ohio State does not.

1 Like

Alabama was left out. FSU is #4. Should be no gripe there.

Um, what?

Coog fans should begin to direct their hate towards Waco and Lubbock

Coog fans are the worst. No reason to have as high of expectations as they do. Most of them think a bad call cost them the game against UT.

FSU is 5th. Alabama is 4.

College fan base has unreasonable expectations, film at 11.

3 Likes

They’re still mad at UT for keeping them out of the B12 even though it was Baylor who did it

Bullock and Tech were just as big a reason as Baylor and Richards.

I don’t mind Tech. Baylor on the other hand

Better check your sources.

FSU is ranked 4th and Alabama 5th. But Alabama got the slot in the “playoff”.

No, Alabama is ranked 4 in the playoff poll which is the one that matters now. FSU is 4 in the AP poll which no longer has any impact on anything.

Enjoy late great Pirate knock this playoff issue out of the park.

2 Likes

I got to fly Coach Leach up to Oakland from Burbank once, and after the flight, I asked him for autographs for a couple of my buddies who went to tech. He asked me where I went to school, and when I told him Arizona, he said he knew several coaches there who were friends of his; we talked college football for a few minutes and he couldn’t have been nicer.

He was a treasure, and this tik tok is Coach Leach gold.

6 Likes

Obviously. I was pointing out where I think the confusion on FSU being ranked ahead of Alabama was.

If there was a 12 team playoff this year, Oklahoma would be the 13th team - after beating Texas in Austin. I think they would be complaining.

After that, there is not much room for complaint as everyone lower has 3 losses.

ETA: I stand corrected - the game was in Dallas. So neutral site and not away game.

Hell, they’re probably complaining now. Notre Dame is complaining. Harvard is probably complaining. Every team complains. Not every team has a legit complaint, however.

1 Like

Yes. You were correct. I refreshed my ESPN page after someone told me Bama & Georgia were both left out, but apparently before it was updated with the real list. I somehow missed the “AP” at the top.

Carry on.