College Football 2023

If they take the conference champs, then no team has a a gripe.

2 Likes

Man the Tech defeatism is strong. The Lubbock Little Brothers are already pre-planning their own persecution.

1 Like

How would it be worse?

I said this could happen unless Florida State dominated Louisville. Their defense was dominant, but without Jordan Travis they were so inept on offense whether Rodemaker or Glenn started that how could a logical person think they stood a reasonable chance of moving the ball against Michigan, Washington, Texas, etc? They were like watching Iowa play offense the last two weeks.

It’s similar to how a team gets moved down the seed line in the NCAA Tournament when they suffer an injury to a key player right before the tournament begins. The difference is that tournament has 68 teams, and until next year, the College Football Playoff has four.

Most Longhorn fans and alumni don’t give a damn about Texas Tech. We cared about beating Texas Tech when we played in a sport because we want Texas to beat whomever they are playing, and we have high expectations for our athletic programs.

It’s every other fan base in the Big 12, Tech’s included, that considers Texas to be the big bad enemy and their annual Super Bowl.

4 Likes

First time on Earth?

People will always complain. It will shift to where teams are seeded.

2 Likes

For the record, the 12 team format with conference Champs automatically in is the best way to go.

Like it was said above, much less angst arguing for spots 13 and 14 getting in than 5 and 6.

Agreed. The playoff should have been expanded a long time ago. Better late than never.

Currently, but it’s fluid, sometimes it has been OU as the big bad enemy. Next year? Who knows…

Penn State to an NY6 bowl is so laughable.

True, they have done absolutely nothing this year to earn it. Two tough games, two miserable, non-competetive losses.

FSU gets Georgia in their bowl game.

1 Like

That is not my issue. It is inevitable, though, that a #11 or #12 will get a few lucky breaks and win it all.

I wish they would just collapse to four 16-team conferences and treat the conference championships as the quarterfinals.

Well, they’ll have to win 2 games on the road, and two more at neutral sites. Not an easy path for a 12 seed.

It’s not fluid when it comes to other Big 12 teams and their fan bases and hating Texas. The Horns could be terrible and their opponents would still throw the Horns’ down sign at any opportunity. Our record was irrelevant.

An Iowa State football player made bulletin board comments about Texas before the game a few weeks ago, and they had nothing to do with us leading the conference this year. It was about being butt hurt about us going to the SEC and thinking we are elitist and arrogant.

It’s similar to how many NFL fans of other teams still hate the Dallas Cowboys with a passion even though they haven’t made an NFC Championship game since 1995.

They’re that way against every team. It’s nothing like the Cowboys. It’s like college football.

Well.

1 Like

Oh I own that