College Football 2023

I do also; I’d be pissed if I was an FSU fan, but man, they sure looked like ass last night, and that matters.

They got it right. I’m pleasantly surprised.

I don’t feel bad for FSU. They would have gotten smoked if they made it. Now they can bitch about how the committee robbed them of their chance at a national for the next 20 years. They will probably attempt some lame claim as the true “undefeated” national champion after UT or 'Bama win it all.

Yes!! And it will only get worse with the 12-team format next year.

I have no sympathy for 13, I do in many years for number 5

4 Likes

Here’s what’s going to happen:

Texas will crush Washington. 21+ point win.
Michigan will beat Alabama in a close game.
Texas will beat Michigan in the championship game.

I will hear about it incessantly from Longhorn friends and family for the rest of my natural life.

You bring it on yourself. I took it easy on you after 57-7.

Fritz is the new UH football coach.

1 Like

FTR, I said nothing whatsoever before, during, or after that debacle. That last touchdown was a classy move by Sarkisian.

Texas, I think, is the best team in the country when they focus for four quarters. I expect them to do just that in the next two games.

1 Like

Good hire. Wish they had done it a few years ago.

Opening lines:

Michigan -2.5
Texas -4.5

Bama moneyline

I don’t bet Texas games

Edit to add: Michigan is discount Georgia, Alabama will beat them

Of course, I was not talking about yesterday’s game.

That was the 5th RB on the depth chart and literally all 2nd and 3rd string offensive players. If you don’t want backups backups scoring when they’re just running the ball repeatedly, maybe play some defense?

I would much rather be facing Michigan. Their 90% run-the-ball offense is a much better matchup for us.

1 Like

This is so typical of you.

1 Like

Our DL matches up with UW’s OL better though, and Penix is not exactly a wizard when dealing with pressure.

No jinx.

1 Like

Texas defense would stop Michigan cold

Shit, after all of McGuire’s bluster over the last year, I have zero sympathy for Tech’s feelings.

2 Likes

That is all I said after 57-7: “all roads lead through Lubbock.” Never occurred to me Tex would see something unsportsmanlike in a 5th string RB scoring a TD behind a line of all backups and lower on the depth chart guys. UT ran the ball every play.

1 Like