College Football 2023

Based on logic, and as conveyed by the chattering class, it’s clearly a Bama vs FSU discussion, not a Bama vs. Texas discussion.

Also, no convoluted argument about Bama over Texas, while including FSU will be trotted out by the committee. It’s intellectually untenable and although many people see conspiracies and biases everywhere, intellectual soundness wins the day, at least in a public endeavor like this.

The whole system and associated arguments are bullshit. If you argue for the four best teams, it’s Georgia, Alabama, Texas, and Michigan. If you argue a “settle it on the field”, it’s a clusterfuck. Schools clearly prefer the latter.

1 Like

The whole damn system is out of order.

1 Like

Starting next year we’ll get just that

Did they expand the playoff? I did not know that.

12 teams, top 6 conference champs automatically in

Well that will fix a lot of this nonsense. Doesn’t help this year though.

They decide to fix things, but it can wait until next year.

Well in the case of fixing the playoff, they decided it could wait 3 years

Haven’t they decided to drop it to the highest rated 5 conference champs after the demise of the P12?

Correct me if I am wrong but that has just been speculation so far. I don’t think they have actually altered it, yet.

1 Like

There’s nothing on the official website saying they’ve changed anything

Thanks. I suspect it is inevitable though,

Agree. I guess Washington gets in instead of Georgia, however.

The 12 team playoff will cause a different set of arguments at the margin, but will capture at least the top 8.

1 Like

All right.

Nice job UT.

Well deserved.

1 Like

I’m sure there wont be any teeth gnashed or hands wrung when it just 12 teams. Everyone will be satisfied.

Well there we go. Wow

1 Like

Hook ‘em!

7 Likes

Glad Texas is in, obviously. But I feel so bad for Florida State

2 Likes