College Football 2023

I am beginning to come around in this. The committee will be abused no matter what they do, but taking the four best conference champions — Mich, Bama, UT, & Wash — is something that can be pretty easily defended.

It simultaneously tells time in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad.

But in Philly, it’s worth 50 bucks.

Meh, stop all that

The campus police said, no signs. But it was too late.

If I ever meet that fucking guy, I’m going to punch him right in the face then NOT make a sign about it for Gameday.

If this game goes to OT I’m gonna claw my fucking eyes out b

3:30 left in the 4Q

Mich has 212 yards of offense

Iowa has 131

They have zero push all game and they’re running fucking student body left.

1 Like

How the hell does Plummer start at a FBS school?

Texas beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa by 10 points. No other team has done that in the Nick Saban era. That’s why Texas should be selected before Alabama.

I think after this ACC Championship game, both Texas and Alabama get in, and undefeated Florida State is left out. Jordan Travis isn’t playing next month, and the Seminoles’ offense without him can’t move the ball. They weren’t much better with Rodemaker against 5-7 Florida last week.

Jake Plummer was really good back in the day

Newsflash Jesse Palmer and Joe Tessitore: Michigan, Texas and Alabama have comparable defenses to Florida State and much better offenses. Washington is the only one with a weak defense.

How many times is Joe Tessitore going to mention no undefeated Power 5 team has ever been left out of the College Football Playoff?

Yeah, but he went to tempe normal school, bless his heart.

1 Like

Who was the last good QB out of AZ?

Obligatory “only thing good out of AZ is I-10.”

Texas has the head to head win but isn’t a loss to a one loss conference champion a ‘better loss’ than to a two loss Oklahoma team that got beat by the team you just destroyed?

I have seen/heard both Bama and Texas folks confident they are in. This is a more complex decision than just head to head or beating the two time national champ and ending their 29 game winning streak (the Bama argument)

I personally think they should both be in. But I only think only one will and I can make a case for each one.

1 Like

Nick Foles.

1 Like

Or, UofA grads :wink:

The case for Alabama is also a case for the games not mattering. If you take Alabama over A) an undefeated P5 champ or B) the team with the same record but beat Alabama IN TUSCALOOSA by double digits, then why do we even play the games? They should just pick the playoff based on recruiting rankings, because that is the ONLY argument in Alabamas favor

1 Like

It’s always been this way and will continue to be so until they have a true National Championship playoff. Teams argue that they’re one of the top four best, best win, worst loss…all kinds of nonsense. Take the conference champions and have a real damn playoff with the goal of deciding a champion on the field rather than a fucking committee picking up who they think is better.

4 Likes