College Football 2023

I don’t think I am. Beating Alabama in Tuscaloosa, regardless of it happening in September before Milroe really hit his stride, is still a better win than Michigan winning at Penn State, Washington beating Oregon at home or Oregon beating Washington at a neutral site.

Provided Georgia eliminates a one-loss Alabama from the conversation in the SEC championship game, Texas has a chance. If a one-loss Alabama beats an undefeated Georgia, both will be in the playoff.

1 Like

Yeah, I can buy that, but I’m having trouble imaging Texas playing that way. They really haven’t improved much over the year, which is the most disappointing aspect to this season, for me at least.

1 Like

While I don’t think that highly of Texas at the moment, I hate that argument, and it’s close cousin that “Alabama now knows how to use Milroe and they’re a completely different team.” As a fan of Texas, Milroe’s skills were on complete display that game, he had me worried all game.

I agree with you here. Right now, I wouldn’t have Texas in, and they have to look a lot more dominant in their last three games to change their current narrative and give themselves a chance.

Texas is playing meaningful games in November and is at a minimum in the playoff discussion, that by itself is a massive improvement. The last 2 years, nevermind the last 15, Texas finds a way to lose the Houston game, the Kansas St game, and the TCU game, but this year they found a way to do just enough to win.

That said, Sark HAS to get better at managing the second half of games. Remember, this is his first time in this spot too.

2 Likes

I meant throughout this season, not year over year. There’s been little improvement from week 1 to week 11 in our core weaknesses (short yardage conversions and secondary communication/coverage), and that is disappointing.

But, I’m not a complete fool, this has been the best season in a long time.

1 Like

The defense has improved, and Ewers missed two games and was rusty in his first game back. The play-calling has regressed.

2 Likes

BYU hanging with Oklahoma so far. It’s tied at 14 halfway through the second quarter.

Sooners and Cougars trade field goals to end the half tied at 17.

OU with a 100 yard pick-6 for a 14 point swing.

BYU was driving effortlessly and had a first and goal at the 3. Then they gave up a 100 yard pick 6.

Now 24-17 Oklahoma.

Is there a “dislike” option?

BYU with a manly response marches down and ties the game at 24.

Maryland has pulled within 5 of Michigan near the end of Q3.

Arizona is absolutely abusing Utah, 28-0.

1 Like

Please don’t upset the collegiate tackle football gods.

Go Cats.

Not a bad start for TN.

BYU playing against the refs and OU all day, too. OU got away with two brutal PIs while BYU got flagged every time they looked at OU receiver funny.

Big 12 officiating is, as always, a joke.

1 Like

Clemson had an end zone interception nullified by roughing then “scored” on a qb scramble with 8 seconds in the half because ESPN didn’t have a down the line view.

(It was whisker close and may have stood, but it blows my mind that the goal line view isn’t SOP with the ball in the red zone)

That first play is about all that’s gone well for Tennessee.

1 Like