College Basketball '22-'23

Seventh ranked Creighton gave a valliant effort in spite of horrendous shooting but the Longhorns win 72-67.

Creighton is a very good team. They beat Tech earlier, but shot well in that game.

Fuck, i forgot that game was tonight

Been cooking with Christmas Vacation in the background

Gotta be some excuse for Texas winning. Mark was at the game and said Creighton can shoot.

Creighton shot 41%
Texas shot 42%

Both teams were lighting it up early and had some struggles down the stretch.

Sure helps keep the other team in the game when the total foul differential is 12-3 about half way through the second even with Texas was up by 6 or 7 for most of the stretch.

When Creighton’s giant has to come out to catch his breath, they are pretty pedestrian. When he’s in, he’s essentially unguardable around the net, especially when your big guys are 6 inches shorter both in height and wingspan and essentially has to be double teamed to prevent easy baskets.

The shooting comment was alluding to Creighton at one point being 2 for 22 behind the arch. I don’t understand your “excuse” comment, but 2-22 is horrendous. The result was what I expected between a number 2 vs a number 7 team.

Both team hit 4 3-pointers (Creighton 4-27;UT 4-19). The overall percentage was virtually the same (41%;42%). Your description of Creighton’s shooting as “horrendous” did mystify me because Mark from the game told me “Creighton can shoot.”

Creighton took a LOT of contested 3s, especially once they were down and chasing.

Also, their number 55 couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn until about 3 minutes left in the game, when he proceeded to hit 3 threes in under 2 minutes, including an absolute bomb from NBA range that looked horrible out of his hands.

And their big man couldn’t miss on the inside. I think they said he was 9 for 9 before he missed his first shot.

And gifted more than one foul call on absolute bullshit whistles.

The last one was from across the street. I saw that one on TV.

Maybe the Coogs will win tonight?

9 point favorites, only won by 5. St Mary’s came to play.

St. Mary’s shooters were deadly when open. They’re a dangerous team. Don’t know what’s up with Sasser’s shoulder, bu UH isn’t the same without him.

Dislocated his shoulder. Should be good to go for Alabama next weekend is not North Florida on Tuesday.

Carr is not a good 3-point shooter. I wish he would recognize that.

I was just thinking the same thing. But that last shot was one to try.

He had been so far this year.

#17 Illinois and #2 UT go into overtime.