College Basketball '22-'23

A win’s a win.

Yep, ugly wins count too.

Kent State’s not a bad little team either.

That was a tough fucking game.

UH struggled to beat Kent State, so after UT slaughters UTRGV, UT will probably pass UH in the polls and be #1 Monday.

Why are the Horns playing in Gregory Gymnasium?

They do one game a year there

Once a year deal. Last year only for students, this year gen public could buy tickets.

Somehow that fact slipped pass me.

First college basketball game I ever saw outside of Houston was there.

I have very fond memories of that gym.

But the floor markings do make it a tad difficult to follow things on tv at times.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Volleyball markings, I guess. I watched many a HS and UT game there back in the day. The boys UIL state tournament is a special memory of mine. My parents would drop me off in the morning, give me money for food, and I would watch games all day and eat lunch on The Drag. They would pick me up at night after the games were over. Such a great time for me.

5 Likes

That AP poll is a beautiful thing. Meaningless but symbolic.

Purdue is pretty good. Edey looks improved. They go ten deep with a lot of talent.

Is Edey the giant?

2 Likes

Yes. 7’4". Moves well for that size and is a good free throw shooter.

1 Like

Duke has a 7’ freshman that is also very impressive, blanking on his name

Texas Tech beats Georgetown 79-64. The game seemed closer than the score as Tech was able to pull away at the end.

Adams’ team still has some big question marks this year. Turnovers continue to be a problem and the defense is not yet up to typical Adams standards. Hopefully the Raiders can tighten things up before the grueling Big XII schedule begins.

1 Like