College basketball 2021

Yehaw!!!

1 Like

Super impressed with how well Oregon State played in the second half.

1 Like

That trap gave the Cougars fits. And OSU scored 44 points in the 2H. Just too deep a hole.

1 Like

FTs and rebounding killed them. UH can be offensively challenged at times, but man their defense is something to behold.

MOTHERFUCKING COUGARS! FINAL FOUR # 6 !

1 Like

I hated to see the Baylor women lose. I donā€™t feel the same way about the Baylor men.

2 Likes

That was a horrible no call on the final shot of that game. I get that you hate to have the game end on free throws, but she was mugged by two players on that shot.

1 Like

I have a grudging respect for their basketball programs, but I do not like either coach. I am never sorry to see them lose.

I saw the last play differently; after a no chance drive, I thought the shooter initiated the contact and flopped after getting stuffed. Maybe if the Bears had not given up a 19-0 run, it would not have come down to the last shot.

Thatā€™s a foul in any game Iā€™ve ever watched regardless of who initiated contact.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t care less who won. And I get that giving up a big run put you in that position. But a bad call is a bad call.

Baylor athletics should have been nuked from orbit and both of those coaches encourage that thought

2 Likes

I did not care who won either. I said what I thought watching the game. Obviously, Logan cared.

Not at all. I was just saying it looked pretty clearly like a foul to me. I donā€™t watch all that much basketball, and one of the main reasons is how baffling it is to me what does/doesnā€™t get called foul.

Compare the pic above with the foul called on Coleman at the end of the UT game. The inconsistency is frustrating.

Edit: Just rewatched the Coleman foul in slow motion. Iā€™m not arguing that call was wrong.

The worst thing about basketball, at any level, is the officiating. The referees are able to influence a game much easier and without it being obvious. Thereā€™s an interesting podcast called, ā€œWhistleblowerā€, about the NBA point shaving scandal. After listening to it, Iā€™ll never watch basketball the same way again. And I love the game.

Same. Basketball, more than baseball or football, is beholden to the officialsā€™ subjectivity.

Not did I. Stupid play; clearly a foul.

Sorry Tex, but reports are that Beard is now the BB coach at Texas. Hope it works out well and reignites my interest in college hoops.

1 Like

Itā€™s a really good hire by Del Conte. Beard took Tech to the National Championship game two years ago and has proven he can consistently win in an elite basketball conference. Combine his coaching ability with the ability to recruit much better athletes at Texas, and he should do really well.

1 Like

Took no time at all. Today was the first day UT would act.

2 Likes

Yep. Today was the day that Beardā€™s buyout with Tech dropped significantly. Itā€™s no guarantee of future success, but Iā€™m happy that Del Conte hired another basketball coach that has already proven he can get good to great results in an elite conference and the NCAA Tournament.