College Baseball 2023

My alma mater makes the NCAA Tournament, sneaking in as the last at large team, heading to pig-humping land/Fayetteville arKANSAS to play the froggies/TCU.

Fun fact, the life long losers from tempe normal school didn’t make it in.
You hate to see it, thoughts and prayers for sparky…

Let’s tear some shit up, BatCats.

BEAR DOWN.

Texas to the Miami regional

Out of curiosity, when was the last time the State of Texas did not host a regional?

2008 I think.

Aggies and Rice hosted that year…unless I misread something I didn’t see one going back to '99

The NCAA Tournament is under way!

Big XII teams are having mixed results so far as Texas Tech beat U. Conn. 3-2 and UT beat La. Lafayette 4-2, but Oklahoma is getting worked by East Carolina 13-3 in the bottom of the 8th, Oklahoma State trails Oral Roberts 6-2 in the bottom of the sixth, and West Virginia trails Indiana 12-6 in the top of the ninth. TCU leads Arizona 6-2 in the bottom of the third.

Oklahoma loses to ECU 14-5, West Virginia loses to Indiana 12-6, and Oklahoma State loses to Oral Roberts 6-4.

Yuck.

???

The Big 12 results.

1 Like

TCU beats Arizona 12-4 to even up the Big XII today at 3-3.

Tomorrow:
Oklahoma vs Army
Oklahoma State vs Dallas Baptist
West Virginia vs Ball State
All three of these are elimination games.

Texas Tech vs Florida
Texas vs Miami
TCU vs Arkansas

Arizona’s season long pitching woes were front and center last night. Can’t away with mediocre pitching at this point in the year. Didn’t help that their normally outstanding fielding was atrocious or that so many balls just wouldn’t drop for them, but that’s baseball.

Playing Santa Clara today in the loser’s bracket. Hopefully they’ve got the game flushed out of their system and can stay alive.

Oklahoma TCB against Army 10-1 as does West Virginia against Ball State 13-5.

Oklahoma State vs Dallas Baptist has just started.

I may have to drink my way through the BatCats’ game today.

I admire your optimism that they’re going to play one today. Rain is relentless in Fayatteville.

Oklahoma State gets routed by Dallas Baptist 18-4. A very disappointing tournament for the Cowboys.

Cowboys and playoff disappointment. Name a more iconic duo.

2 Likes

After a long delay, Dylan Campbell homers to put the Horns up 2-0 on Da U

Texas Tech defeats the #2 seed Florida 5-4. Tech will play the winner of the Florida vs U. Conn. game tomorrow. For 2023 this is the top win for Tim Tadlock and the total Texas Tech team.

Texas beats Miami 4-1. Lebarron Johnson with the 130 pitch CG.

2 Likes