College Baseball 2021

Here’s the Tech play by play guy on Saturday.

I wonder if he’s got any eligibility left as the Red Raiders falter in game two in WV. Tech looks shakey going into next weekend’s series in Austin. Right now, in spite of a curiously poor RPI rating, UT is the best team in the conference and maybe the country. The Big XII has four teams in the D1 Top 25 as TCU and OSU continue to represent, still not bad for a nine team league.

I do not know about “best in the country,” but so far this is the best team in Austin in a number of years. Strong wind blowing in from LF yesterday which kept 3-4 homers in the park. Decent pitching and much improved hitting.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about Vanderbilt, but Texas looks better now than when they lost to Arkansas early in the season.

Agreed. UT is better now.

It’s going to take a hell of an effort for anyone to take 2 of 3 from Vandy.

It does almost every year. That’s a hell of a program in Nashville.

If anyone has a jones for day baseball, Tech is up 1-0 on UT at the Disch, top 3rd. On the LHN and I’m sure radio as well.

eta: Timing is everything…next batter after I posted, UT HR, now 1-1 top 3rd

1 Like

Damn you!

Then you’re really gonna hate what we did after that HR

GO, BB, E, BB, E (run)

2-1 UT, top 4

After 4
3-2 Tech

Monteverde is probably done, but Tadlock is a little afraid of his bully…
6-3 Tech nobody out, runner on 2nd, bottom 5.

Sublette comes through with a couple of Ks in relief to preserve Tech’s 6-3 lead after five innings.

Also, the “Double T” is a kick-ass college logo.

I leave for 40 minutes and this is what I come back to.

1 Like

What’s a Tech scouting report look like? Haven’t seen them until today.

They’re not as good as the CWS teams of recent years, and they lost their #1 early in the year (becoming a Tech tradition) but Yung is every bit the stud his brother was and Fulford is a rapidly improving catcher that may play in MLB some day.

1 Like

6-3 Tech after 6.

Following up: Dru Baker is the most likely to be drafted and can absolutely rake. Tech 6-7-8 hitters are…well…not that great. It can, and has been a rally killer this year.

Tadlock always has them well prepared for Tournament Time, so maybe that can surprise.

1 Like

I hate to do this to you, but it’s Jung.

I only remember this because my veterinarian here has the same name, pronounced the same. No idea if there’s any relation, I’ll have to ask.

OMG! I’m so embarrassed, you’re right, of course.

Texas Tech takes the opener 6-3. I think tomorrow’s game will be at 10:00 AM PDST.

Wreck 'em!

1 Like

A scoreless pitcher’s dual through 4 innings. Micah Dallas for Tech, Tristan Stevens for UT.