Cocktails

Hey, I may not be in regular contact these days… well, years… but I’ve retained a little of the knowledge I’ve picked up here. :wink:

1 Like

Cocktail knowledge is something you can take with you your whole life

Good to see you around again.

2 Likes

Indeed it is! Stick around.

1 Like

I am reminded of Peter O’Toole in Venus:

Do you know how to mix drinks? Once acquired, it’s a skill that will serve you your whole life. Like typing.

There are two classes from high school that I’ve regularly used in my professional career. Chemistry and typing.

Late to the party, but my Paper Plane at Mongers was great. Talk about a nice summer cocktail!!

The 1er Cru Chablis was nice, too.

Typing is the skill that has proven remarkably practical my entire life. Chemistry, de vez en cuando.

Which 1er Chablis? The region is one of my absolute love affairs in wine.

Les Vaillons; 2019. Domaine Vocorot et Fils

Great choice. Vaillons is fantastic.

I think I have stumbled upon the cocktail equivalent of skyline chili.

You have been warned.

I don’t think that would be near as nasty as Skyline. But in the same way you would never call a Manhattan a “New York Martini”, that should not have Old Fashioned in the name.

1 Like

Limey, I’m always amazed by your willingness to sit through YouTube clips of 10 to 20 minutes. It’s probably just me, but I doubt that I’ve ever made it through something on YouTube longer than 4 minutes.

2 Likes

In this case at least, I turned it off when he started talking about “topping” the cocktail with Sprite or some such.

I love Anders. He’s one of the few YouTube channels I follow. But this is more apropos for the subject:

That guy sounds like he might be earnest. This is more in the spirit of things:

I usually watch youtube videos of any length at 1.5 speed.

1 Like

I was looking at the bourbon shelf at the store today and stumbled across some Austin Still, and the name rang a bell because of conversation here, so I grabbed a 375ml bottle that I’ll sample tonight. Hopefully it will dull the pain of Apple TV broadcast of the game.

1 Like

A French gimlet is also a fantastic summertime cocktail.

This is all.

1 Like

90 years ago today. I wonder what was in the glass that Jim raised in celebration.

1 Like