Coaching/Front Office Hires & Promotions 2023

It really is a hell of a line. That’s the attitude you want.

1 Like

Crane just makes all the right moves. I thought firing Hinch and Luhnow was idiotic but it turned out to be just what the team needed.
Now reup Gurriel and the off season will be perfect.

4 Likes

Loved the tie, but needs to unbutton that bottom button on his jacket. That’s bush.

2 Likes

Brown stated that he wanted to “empty himself into the city and into Astros fans.”

This is concerning.

2 Likes

Probably meant to exhaust himself in the pursuit of more Championships…

Oh my.

Just being aware of one’s limitations and focusing on areas of strength makes people pretty valuable in an organization.

Well, I do not know how valuable I was, but I do know I was good at what I did.

Given his scouting background, I’ll be interested to see if Brown persuades Crane to add even more scouts building on what Click did and continuing to reverse the cutbacks of the Luhnow era.

1 Like

OMG

Brown was a star at Seton Hall, and he spent three years as a Phillies minor leaguer. Then he scouted for 8-9 years. If he is now fluent in analytics and accepts its value, he seems to be a perfect blend of old and new. I am excited to watch his roster tweaks and moves.

4 Likes

He sounds like a heckuva baseball man and the best possible hire.

I agree.

Just don’t ask him how to button a suit jacket.

3 Likes

Quite a few talking heads do it the same way.

From the folks you love to hate…

I’d be shocked if they don’t staff it up even more. I’m sure Brown has a few names from Atlanta in mind, plus whoever else he wants to bring in from around the industry. Still plenty of room to add.

I’m also curious who he might bring over from other parts of the Atlanta braintrust. I don’t know if we’re lucky enough that he’d bring Mike Fast himself back to Houston, but if he brings anyone over from their analytics group, that will be telling.

You could always ask him to spilt the atom. If you reach for the sky, at reach you’ll reach the ceiling. Education is important, but I have met quite a few people who have excelled without a top school degree. I am also a little iffy on top schools today.

When I saw Dana brown, who I hadn’t heard of. I was thinking at first they hired a woman to be GM. Google quickly resolved that question

He looks nothing like a woman but yet, when you saw him, you say your first thought was that they hired a woman? Or are you trying to convey that his name, Dana, made you think he might be a woman until you had a chance to associate a face with the name?