Coaching/Front Office Hires & Promotions 2023

How many Dustin Pedroias tall do you think he is?

1 Like

Is he taller than Messi?

Dana Brown to be named the GM per MLB Trade Rumors via Mark Berman.

4 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1:

12 Likes

Let’s Go!

5 Likes

Great news

1 Like

Fuck yes

1 Like

Y E S

Now, Mr. Brown.

Job #1 use your Atlanta Braves mojo to get Kyle Tucker, Framber Valdez, and Cristian Javier extended.

13 Likes

Wonderful news. It’s not just the extension magic - they’ve done a fabulous job of identifying and developing young talent.

6 Likes

If he pulls that off, I too, will be extended

5 Likes

We’re all getting extended!

Did y’all watch the press conference?

Take one look at the tie. That’s all I needed to know that he’s a great fit for this team. Dude is all in.

1 Like

There were some grumpy people on this site saying that they would have trouble hiring a top GM because of the situation with Click or whatever reason and they just hired one of the top GM candidates, so I’m guessing that didn’t turn out to be an issue.

4 Likes

There is an adjective for those folks, but it is not “grumpy.”

Brown is an ex-player and a former scout. He has a lot of the parts of a typical, old school baseball guy, but he has learned to use analytics. This was a great hire and confirmed my faith in Crane.

11 Likes

Did not notice the tie, but I rarely do. He seemed fairly stiff and uptight, and my guess is he was very nervous.

To be fair, little in here but lots in the idio er pundocracy.

2 Likes

Saw a quick highlight of the presser and loved his quote:

“We want to be greedy about winning and that is what it is all about.”

1 Like

Outstanding hire. I’m happy it is settled. When do pitchers and catchers report?

1 Like

Feb 13 for pitchers and catchers participating in WBC, Feb 16 for other pitchers and catchers, Feb 21 for everyone else.

2 Likes