Blue Jays @ Astros, April 23, 2022…the Return of George Springer

I don’t think the Jays’ pitcher agreed with that change.

I like Blum’s suggestion. It still gives teams some flexibility in defensive alignments, but eliminates some of the more radical ones.

Nice time to roll a pair.

1 Like

This is so frustrating to watch.

Come on Yordan, get things started.

It’s gonna be like this for the foreseeable future. The Astros have a chance to score in the 1st, 4th and 7th innings. That’s it. They’re essentially hitting for three innings to the other teams’ nine.

Team BA was .199 a few days ago.

The batting gloves have been kind.

I’d think about swiping second if I’m Tucker.

You have to. The Astros aren’t going to muster two more hits.

Ballgame

Tucker swipes 2B, this is a tie game.

And that perfectly encapsulates how things are going for the Astros offensively.

I would have. Kirk is not some defensive wizard.

Actually, that’s a perfect world. This offense isn’t near as good as that inning suggested.

Absolutely unconscionable that Tucker was still standing there on first like a dumbass.

This team simply cannot score runs in multiple innings and they cannot score late in games. This is gonna be a long fucking season.

Can we fire the callow hitting coach and make Brantley the hitting coach? Increase his salary and save a job slot

The problem isn’t coaching, it’s talent. You can’t run this lineup out and expect to win

Also, if you’re hell bent on batting Goodrum there at least have him make his out trying to bunt rather than swinging idiotically at pitches up at his eyes.