Blue Jays @ Astros, April 23, 2022…the Return of George Springer

Well that was a clusterfuck

Communicate, guys. That is not good.

Pop up to 2B results in a sac fly as Peña and Goodrum take each other out.

Tie game.

That’s it for Urquidy…2- out in the 6th…2-2 ballgame.

Maton coming on for Urquidy.

I don’t think Bichette goes if it’s either one of those guys out there on his own and still on his feet.

Of course not.

Of course. He went because Goodrum fell down after catching it.

Let’s get some runs, Astros.

Well, two pop ups and an easy ground out end the inning, but the dick stomping behind 2B results in a tie game. 2-2

MLB needs to eliminate four outfielder alignments when they ban the shift next year. It’s just getting absurd at this point.

I guess the batting gloves are staying for a little while.

There’s no stopping us now.

I don’t think I agree with this. Part of me is annoyed by this, but another part says that the defense should be able to put their seven defenders wherever they want. It’s up to the offense to exploit whatever weaknesses the defensive alignment offers.

Everybody seems upset about the effect on LH hitters. Where’s the concern for old white guys who throw 60mph? If some combination of skills can’t find a home in the game, so what?

Fuck

Espinal homers to LF…3-2 Jays

Damn that bastard.

Stanek got his man.

Let’s get some runs.

I’m all for making players use all fields and hitting it where the defense isn’t, but I don’t think eliminating many well-hit balls to the gaps is good for the game. That’s what the four-outfielder alignment will lead to. Not to mention, players like Yordan will be even more inclined to swing for homers.

There have to be limits on defensive alignments, no different than how a certain amount of players must be on the line of scrimmage in an NFL play.

Blummer mentioned keeping the infielders on the dirt, outfielders on the grass.

Other than that, line them up where you want…

ETA: i.e. infielders off the OF grass; IF grass at your own risk.

1 Like