Baseball Miscellany

Neck-and-neck with Disco Demolition Night at Comiskey in '79 (?).

4 Likes

I had never realized Lenny Randleā€™s infamous bunt was a week before this and was part of why the crowd was riled up already

Fuck the Rangers!

Michael Kelly pitched for Sugar Land and Corpus back in 2021.

The more front and center gambling is in sports, the less intense my interest will be.

8 Likes

I totally agree. Too much now for me.

5 Likes

I am so weary of sports books and their ads their come ons I hate to see it at this level of involvement with pro sports teams. It does nothing to enhance the integrity of an already suspect league. Iā€™m not and never have been a sports gambler. Or cards, slots, wheels, or what not. Iā€™m not against a friendly wager now and then with an acquaintance but I have learned in doing that that there is never a sure thing. Fucking Joe Montanaā€¦

3 Likes

Me too. I donā€™t have any particular moral objection against sports gambling, itā€™s just not the prism through which I want to consume sports.

5 Likes

Cavan Biggio DFAā€™d by Toronto.

Dana, donā€™t you dareā€¦

4 Likes

I was really surprised by how bad heā€™s been this year. Looking at his numbers the last few years though, I probably shouldnā€™t be.

If the British invented baseball

7 Likes

I feel like they would run the bases in the opposite direction so youā€™d need to swap Wumpus and 3rd Plate.

2 Likes

Pretty good pitching duel going on in St Louis between Skenes and Mikolas. 0-0 after 5 1/2. Mikolas hasnā€™t given up a hit through 6.

Reynolds leads off the Pirates 7th with a triple.

Pit won 2-1.

Skenes 6.1 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 8 K, 0 BB
Mikolas 7 IP, 1H, 0 R, 6 K, 1 BB

All the scoring was in the 9th.

So, the Astros bullpen was involved?

5 Likes

Traded to LAD

Apologies if Cabrera, but the Rays released renderings of their proposed new ballpark, and the St. Pete city council just approved the zoning. Bigger votes still remain but itā€™s starting to seem like this may get done.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping the Rays get a new yard, and am glad to see it moving forward. But this rendering looks nothing like the one I have designed in my head. Which is unfortunate because mine is spectacular.

Ty is turning back flips.