Baseball Miscellany

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

2 Likes

Classic Nightengale

2 Likes

Mamma mia. Counsell gets a 5-year, $40+ million contract from the Cubs.

Is Counsell still a lesbian?

1 Like

NTTAWWT

The free agent big board, Belt and Pham,both 36, are possibles for Htn according to the article

MLBTradeRuumors top 50 Free Agents.

Picked by at least one writer for the Astros, Jorge Soler and Aroldis Chapman

Also from the Athletic, a manager update

Astros . If the Astros were promoting the next in line, they would hire bench coach Joe Espada. If the choice belonged solely to general manager Dana Brown, the job might go to one of his former coaches with the Braves, Walt Weiss or Eric Young Sr. But owner Jim Crane almost certainly will have a major say, and one of his advisors, former Astros great Jeff Bagwell, might push for his former teammate, former Tigers and Angels manager Brad Ausmus. Crane is well-acquainted with Ausmus, who was a runner-up to Brown for GM and a finalist for the managing job that went to Dusty Baker in 2020.

This is the darkest timeline.

2 Likes

If Maldy is done, I’m mildly interested in Garver as a backup.

2 Likes

Me too. I’ve liked him since his days with the Twins, but I doubt Texas lets him get away. He’s probably going to garner alot of interest.

I like Victor Caratini, if he’d accept a backup catcher spot. Yainer has hit RHP (.307/.332/.599, wRC+: 150) much better than LHP (.214/.243/.378., wRC+: 65), so there’s a natural platoon opportunity there.

The last couple of seasons, Caratini hit LHP (2023, .262/.329/.416, wRC+: 102) pretty well, and he had a good overall offensive season backing up Wilson Contreras. He also seems to have improved his defense since landing in Milwaukee. He’s not far removed from being the primary catcher, so he may not be interested in a backup role.

2 Likes

FIFY

1 Like

You saying he’s a garverler?

2 Likes

Not for very schlong

5 Likes

One of BP’s writers forecast Garver to the Astros. Then again, a different writer forecast Snell to the Astros, so grains of salt apply.

This is what I would like to see.

1 Like

Talk about a self-own.

“We have the smallest analytics department in the AL East,” boasts man whose ass got beat by the Orioles and Rays.

4 Likes

Alexa, turn on the popcorn popper…

https://twitter.com/DanClarkSports/status/1722704924742762554