Baseball Miscellany

Me too. I’ve quite enjoyed kicking their ass for the last decade.

Buck Showalter’s name has come up wrt the Angels managerial job.

Please make this happen.

2 Likes

The Giants need a skipper too, so hopefully they don’t scoop Showalter up before the Angels get a chance to set their nuts on fire.

1 Like

Yes please Showalter to the Angels, and if the Yankees jettison Boone let’s hope they tab Nevin.

1 Like

Giants have interviewed a bunch of young new-school types, including at least two very young members of their own coaching staff (one of whom is a woman). Showalter to the Angels would be beautiful.

2 Likes

SF is a quality, smart, organization

1 Like

Are you suggesting the Angels aren’t smart-money spending juggernaut?

2 Likes

… who can’t get anyone to take their money

1 Like

Must be the high cost of living there.

1 Like

Assuming he isn’t coming to Houston, I hope Ohtani takes their money.

1 Like

My biggest fear is Ohtani taking Seattle’s money.

1 Like

Arlington’s.

He’s not moving to Texas, especially not to Dallas. Dodgers and Mariners are where I’d put my money.

1 Like

So, it sounds like the Marlins owner wanted to effectively demote her by hiring a “director of baseball operations” as her boss. She said, “get bent”.

Isn’t that the position the Astros wanted to re-hire Stearns for?

1 Like

That was the rumor. Brown was very diplomatic when asked about the possibility of a POBO being brought in over him.

Funny headline

1 Like

He said the quiet parts out loud.
Good on him.

1 Like

I still think SF is where he will end up.

They have been begging superstars to take huge contracts, need a big splash, and I have read he prefers the west coast.

2 Likes

On the other hand, they’ve received permission from San Diego to interview Bob Melvin, so it’ll probably be Bob Melvin.