Baseball Miscellany

It’s been a long time since I looked like a young man.

But I’m alive, and I’m doing fine.

Billy Eppler resigned as Mets GM today, not long after the official introduction of Stearns as POBO a few days back. Multiple reporters now saying Eppler is being investigated by MLB for improperly gaming the injured list. I wonder how blatantly you have to do that to earn an actual punishment—I’d bet every team is operating in shades of gray on that one.

I remember CarGo’s mysterious ailment that required rehab in Corpus.

No mystery.

His head was so far up his bum he could see the back of his teeth.

1 Like

My strongest memory of him is McHugh standing on the mound looking at center field and saying “what the fuck?!” as CarGo did something ridiculous.

1 Like

“What the fuck is he doing?”

Signs, signs; everywhere there’re signs.

Astros Mchugh GIFfrom Astros GIFs
3 Likes

That’s even better than my memory. McHugh isn’t angry, he profoundly perplexed. Perfect summation of the Carlos Gomez era.

2 Likes

One of the big pieces of the Ryan Pressly trade was outrighted by the twins. Gilbert Celestino

I am surprised he did not pan out. He was one I hated to see go. That’s “prospect” normal, though.

2 Likes

Sandy Alcantara had TJS and will miss all of 2024. That really sucks.

Another perspective:
David Sampson, former Marlins GM

Kershaw is the first pitcher in postseason history to allow five runs and five hits before recording an out.

Kershaw now has the highest postseason ERA of all pitchers with over 100 postseason innings pitched.

Francys Romero on X last nigh:

Around seven armed and hooded people entered this morning (between 3-4 am) and robbed the St. Louis Cardinals Latin America facility in Boca Chica, Dominican Republic, per sources.

These people took control of the place, tied up the complex’s security and robbed the players, taking any type of valuable item (clothing, jewelry, money).

This is not only a complex in the training of baseball players, from April until August, the players go to school for three hours after wrapping up workouts and game appearances.

That’s what they call Thursday in the DR.

Kim Ng out as Miami GM? What the hell?

Guess she’s got her eye on something better. Are the Yankees gonna dump Cashman?

I hope not.

2 Likes