Baseball Miscellany

Ok, if he said it, I REALLY disagree.

Thatā€™s pretty funny, considering Collinsā€™ team finished second in each of his first five years as an MLB manager (three in Houston, two with LAA).

2 Likes

But they were the first place last place team,

Karma is a bitch.

And so is Scott Servais.

7 Likes

JV AL Player of the Week

6 Likes

Heā€™s been an object lesson in ā€œThis is an Aceā€ during his entire time here.

5 Likes

He has, and Framber needs to learn from him. JV should be first ballot HOV despite the stupidity of baseball writers who vote. Here is hoping he wears an Astros hat on the plaque.

10 Likes

Heā€™ll be first ballot, no doubt in my mind. I would guess without a logo on his cap.

1 Like

If he gets a 3rd WS ring with the Astros this month, not sure how he would go in any other way. Maybe throw in another Cy for next year too. Just to be sure. Two more rings would be us just being greedy.

6 Likes

Speaking of first ballot Hall of Famers with Detroit ties, It was pretty cool and thoughtful of A.J. Hinch to put Miggy in at first for the top of the 8th and told his teammates to stay back and allow him to go to first alone before joining him on the field.

9 Likes

Nevin out in Los Angeles. How many teams does that make looking for managers now? Angels, Giants, Mets, Guardians (Tito retired)ā€¦?

A few good candidates may be off the board before the Astros even get a shot at them.

Iā€™m more concerned about losing Espada to one of them, but maybe thatā€™s irrational.

3 Likes

I think Machete would be a good manager if that ever is what he wants to do.

7 Likes

I agree with you 100%. Not sure if heā€™d wanna go straight from playing to managing but I do think he will manage at some point. Iā€™m pretty sure he has said before that he wants to manage.

2 Likes

May be the only way Yanier gets more playing time. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maldonado should be the catcher most of the time.

1 Like

Yordan player of the motnh

6 Likes

This is good, if somebody wants to embed the vid so non-twits can see it, please do. I have no such skills.

Baseball movie montage:

https://twitter.com/nut_history/status/1709003965419970791

2 Likes