Baseball Miscellany

He’s not welcome back?

2 Likes

Your dreams are your ticket out.

But seriously, you’d better actually buy a plane ticket.

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’d say they overperformed. They’ve been positively mediocre pretty much everywhere he’s been. He had a ton of talent in 2021, at least offensively, but didn’t have the arms to win in the Postseason, despite winning 107 games. They also got really old in the last few years.

Not sure I agree with that. I think if you replay that 2021 season 100 times, that was the best version of events. Nobody saw that team coming. I feel like, talent wise, the Giants of the last 5 years are a 70-80 win team.

I don’t look at really anybody on that team, this year, outside of Webb and Doval and say “I can see them being an impact player on a good team”

2 Likes

I know it’s an odd post, and didn’t know where else to post it, but yours truly is elated to finally get my Astrodome seats fixed. The stupid movers broke one of the sides last year when I moved back home to Austin.

It was a quite a project getting someone to weld 50 yr old cast iron, but they’re up and functional again.

Let’s hope this portends good things for the Houston Astros baseball club…

9 Likes

I need a welder for mine too.

1 Like

I’ll be in touch and get you the info for my guy.

1 Like

That tile really tied the waiting room together.

5 Likes

Shut the fuck up, Lefty

3 Likes

Carlos Rodon closing out his season on a high note: 0 IP, 8 ER.

1 Like

Welllllll….that’s a shame.

2 Likes

shame-jerry-seinfeld

ETA: God damnit, Hudson.

Laughable. AH HA!

Did it not?

Lefty, the old man said to take any tile in the house.

3 Likes

Well, enjoy. And perhaps we’ll see you again some time, Dude.

Yeah, sure, if I’m… in the neighborhood and I, uh… gotta use the john.

1 Like

I’m just gonna go find a cash machine.

1 Like

Anybody watching the Blue Jays game and their reliever Romano? He does some little dance during his delivery that doesn’t seem like it should still be allowed, and he sure as hell doesn’t come to a stop with s runner on base. I suppose he could claim that he’s pitching from the windup, but he was doing this with a runner on second.

They let him get away with it because for years he and his brother Luigi have been heroically rescuing princesses and the like.

6 Likes

Orioles’ Félix Bautista to undergo Tommy John surgery.
Last pitched on 25 Aug.

Was this on the Orioles’ broadcast?

3 Likes