Baseball Miscellany

Nothing gets by you

Mind’s a goddamn steel trap

1 Like

Here are some renderings of the proposed/planned Rays stadium.

Looks pretty damn sweet.

I also like that they included algae growing in the water feature on the bottom left.

https://twitter.com/theScore/status/1704161284197863494?t=0A5evufS5gbR2_u13V93Vw&s=19

That’s Booker Creek…a glorified drainage ditch. It ‘flows’ past the current stadium.

1 Like

From a business development standpoint, this is a winner. From a baseball standpoint, it’s a disaster. They’ll continue to get 10-15K max per game and will be stuck with the same corporate interests they have now. It will still be 30 to 50 minutes each way in stupid traffic for a majority of the area. Without effective and efficient public transportation, this remains on the fringe of the population center of Tampa Bay and all the folks that would have embraced a Tampa stadium will stay home. As they do now.

3 Likes

Sounds like Houston. How are the bike lanes in that area?

1 Like

2 Likes

I so want to punch that guy in the nuts.

3 Likes

Me too. Although, JV says he has a similar sleep schedule. I might still be running 4:15 miles if I slept 13 hours a day. Something to consider. Ha.

My bladder makes sure I don’t sleep too long.

6 Likes

My cat makes sure I don’t sleep too long.

1 Like

He should take some advice from his countryman

A monkey never cramps

4 Likes

Pop

Just when you think the season couldn’t get any worse, Bobby Dynamite goes off the rails.

2 Likes

Some conversations this weekend:

This Astros team is just tired. Yes, they love winning, but this is also their jobs, and they’ve been doing more than anyone else in their profession the last few years, plus the WBC takes a lot of what is ordinarily some slow time. They’re tired and they wanna go home.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

6 Likes
4 Likes

The WBC is great and I hope no Astro ever participates in it again.

1 Like

There was a good article, I think on ESPN, with members of the late 90s Yankees talking about that very struggle.

I believe this, and I do not believe it is a lame excuse.

1 Like

Agreed.
I’m sure the mental aspect/grind probably factors in as well.

3 Likes