Baseball Miscellany

I haven’t thought through it all, but I don’t think a ~AL/NL East/West style setup with no divisions would be all that bad.

1 Like

Ditto in both respects. But I’m definitely not immediately against a scheme that would reward the best teams every year at the expense of the ones who might otherwise squeak in in a weak division.

2 Likes

8 team divisions - your cross league rival(Rockies currently for the Astros) 6 times, every other cross league team 3 times, non division same league teams 6 times and division teams 9 times

4 team divisions - cross league remains the same, non division same league 6 times, division 13 times

For no divisions, east/west divide, 3 vs cross league and an average of 7.6 vs your league(basically playing 8 teams 9 times and 7 teams 6 times if you’re doing multiples of 3 but I’m not sure this could actually work)

I live in Georgetown. MLB can put a team in Austin or San Antonio or Georgetown and I’ll still be an Astros fan.

3 Likes

I get goosebumps thinking about an Astros/Rockies rivalry.
Oh, wait. I think the goosebumps are from thinking about an April game in Denver. Of which I have experienced. The goosebumps were legit because the wind chill was in the teens.

2 Likes

Sounds like heaven right about now

1 Like

Correct. And WMOX would reach a good deal of that.

It might have been if I dressed in something heavier than a business suit.

I think you mean, KMOX and yes, it was a blow torch.

East:

BOS
NYY
NYM
BAL
DC
TOR
PHI
ATL
TB
MIA
DET
CWS
MIN
CLE
PIT
[Nashville?]

West:

HOU
TEX
LAD
SDP
LAA
SEA
ARZ
COL
STL
CUB
MIL
KC
CIN
OAK/LV
SF
[Portland?]

No Divisions. Just like the old days.

1 Like

Cincy is further east than Nashville

Cincy needs to be with the Central teams. Or not. Don’t really care.

Atlanta if further east than Cincinnati.

1 Like

I would like to see Montreal get another chance, they are currently the most populous city in North America without a MLB team.

1 Like

Atlanta is further east than St. Louis, yet the Braves were in the NL West and the Cardinals in the NL East.

I know, it was the same with the Cubs and Pirates.

Buenos Aires is further east than Miami

Both the Cubs and the Pirates were in the NL East.

That’s right, I meant Reds not Pirates.

Braves were in the NL West