Baseball Miscellany

I have a friend who swears the Ryan/Sanders group already has the site.

4 Likes

And St Louis had the only team west of the Mississippi.

Any idea where that might be?

I heard a rumor from a guy at the dog park (so you know itā€™s the truth), he always wants to talk about pro football and he claims that some group, maybe led by Thomas J Henry, purchased a large tract of land west of I-35 off of Hunter Rd between San Marcos and New Braunfels for potential pro football stadium.

You put it on the internet so itā€™s double plus true now.

Yep, but I doubt he wants me to say. I do not know if he is right or wrong, but he is adamant about it.

Ryan/Sanders with a site anywhere in the Austin or San Antonio areas would be a hell of a contender. Great market plus the most credible baseball ownership/management group I can think of. Iā€™m sure Crane and the Rangers owners would scream bloody murder but I donā€™t know if they could really stop it (I know very little about how expansion turf wars get fought).

1 Like

Who is Sanders, please?

With Nashville hitting the trifecta of being in Reds/Braves/Cards territory, it would make sense that the Nashville team would be an AL team.
Less conflict with traditional fans until the World series and add the fact that there is no AL team between Cleveland and Tampa.

Iā€™m curious about how divisions would line up. Baseball doesnā€™t want to go back to uneven divisions. I hate the idea of 4 team divisions like the NFL, I would go with 8 team divisions and keep the postseason the number it is now but just 4 WC instead of 3 and 2 division winners rather than 3.

Nashville, Portland or Charlotte, please. Say NO to Austin/SA/I35

Don A. Sanders - University of Houston System.

1 Like

Why do you think it is on I35?

I would have no issue with a 3rd Texas team

I think itā€™s almost a certainty theyā€™ll go to 8 4-team divisions. Not sure if theyā€™ll follow the radical models that would have things like NYY/NYM/BOS/PHI but Iā€™m sure they want more geographical proximity.

Because, in theory, it would be on the I35 corridor between Austin and SA.

I donā€™t think heā€™s necessarily talking about any Ryan/Sanders property per se (and maybe you arenā€™t either), just the general received wisdom that would have such a facility landing in the corridor.

1 Like

I just hate the idea of 4 team divisions in baseball. I do agree thatā€™s probably what they will go with

2 Likes

At some point they were talking about balancing the schedule and ditching the division format.

I donā€™t know how many focus groups ago that was.

Thatā€™s what I thought they were headed toward. An NBA model. I thought this yearā€™s balanced schedule was a decisive step in that direction.