Baseball Miscellany

I read somewhere that having too much sex can lead to an inability to recall details. It was in the November 2017 edition of the New England Journal of Medicine in an article that started on page 178, and had footnotes 8-11 with informative supporting research. I was drinking an iced tea at the time.

7 Likes

But who were the authors of said study??

Ha!! Nympho.

1 Like

There ways to beat that lack…

I loved this (from a Dominican Summer League game back in July)…

2 Likes

Next-level smack talk:

7 Likes

OK, I “LOL”'d Ind er Guardians.

This person woke up and chose violence, and I am here for it.

2 Likes

Don’t throw bricks but I found this of interest…

That is the damn Drehlich book again.

The note at the end about the Dodgers is interesting.

I love the book. I hope everyone in the world reads it. I want more books are written about the 2017 Astros. I want books, and songs, and for them to go down in legend like Beowulf or Leonidas and the 300 Spartans. I can’t get enough of people talking about the 2017 World Series Champion Houston Astros.

2 Likes

Josh Reddick has said bluntly that the Dodgers were doing the same thing when he was with the team. I think it’s clear that every team that was actively trying to win at the time was doing their own version of this, and the continuing discussion of this is so fucking boring it makes my teeth hurt.

4 Likes

Not the greatest example

1 Like

Why not? A Pyrrhic victory for the haters.

Yes, but we keep talking about it hoping it will go away. Hell, I recently ordered a book called “Cheated…The Inside Story of The Astros Scandal and A Colorful History of Sign Stealing” just to remind myself that the Astros were just the team that didn’t have a seat when the music stopped.

Oh, they had a seat. They were in the throne. I suspect that was the problem.

8 Likes

And, the Astros were the most reprehensible, heinous, egregious, inhumane, evil, malicious, devious, conniving, morally bankrupt cheaters ever in the annals of human history, don’t you ever forget it because the fucking dojers and yanks were denied their rightful championships because it’s their birthright.

Oh, and forever slurp shit, rob manfred.

3 Likes

Although it is difficult to understand how the Yankees and Dodgers could have both won the WS in 2017 were it not for the cheating Astros’ victories.

PS I do not believe Cora was bragging about “cheating” in Boston. I do believe he set up a similar system there in 2018. I have no clue what the book says nor will I. Contrary to HH’s fond hope, I will not read Drehlich’s vendetta tome.

2 Likes

Yankees and Dodgers fans arguing about piss.

History Of The World Piss GIF - History Of The World Piss Boy - Discover & Share GIFs

2 Likes
13 Likes