Baseball Miscellany

I echo your sentiments completely.

Only Californians who came to Texas.

1 Like

Sssshhhh
if we’re not too loud then nobody will say anything about this:

4 Likes

Unfortunately but realistically its the Dodgers so the media will be completely silent on this.

1 Like

Just a guess:

The baseball media just doesn’t care. For them they’ve got the 2017 thing packed away in a box and they’re satisfied.

The highlight of their year is breaking stories about trades and signings, and either being #first or being overly magnanimous is saying #so-and-sohaditfirst.

Of course breaking those stories requires sources. That means it’s in their interest not to upset those sources. And it also means they’re used to believing what their sources tell them. Like “oh no we’d never do anything like that.”

Baseball didn’t care. The whole sign stealing thing was simply a personal vendetta. Fuck the haters.

8 Likes
1 Like

Hope he gets through it and can come back.

3 Likes

Apparently measuring catcher’s spin rate is now a thing

A bit too much

My reaction initially too but then again this is the guy who literally wrote the book when it comes to coaching catchers so I’m guessing he knows quite a bit more about the subject than I do.

2 Likes

BTW Weinstein with a couple of recent tweets regards Korey Lee

1 Like

My impression of Lee, from reports I had read, is that he was a “hit first” type catching prospect.
Maybe not the case.

I think that’s accurate, but not quite complete. His arm has never really been a question mark.
It’s the other receiving skils (e.g. framing, blocking, calling a game, etc.) that have been a work in progress.

1 Like

So, is Lee considered a better catching prospect than Diaz?

Diaz is the better MLB prospect but its because of his bat.

Lee is the better catcher prospect.

1 Like

I saw Lee catch Jake Odorizzi’s rehab start in Sugarland. We were right behind home plate and he handled Jake without any difficulty.

BTW, premium seats at the Space Cowboys is a great value with the surprisingly good prime rib and seafood buffet.

3 Likes

I can’t tell if this addresses my particular issue (I can’t stream Astros on MLBTV in North Texas) but it’s a start:

1 Like
3 Likes

That’s fantastic.