Baseball Miscellany

By a country mile.

This is a pretty neat little articleā€¦ 7 Reasons The 1980 Pennant Race Was Fantastic - 1980s Baseball

1 Like

Thanks for the link!

1 Like
4 Likes

Was out with my buddy who was the official scorekeeper for this game. Heā€™s told me in the past that they occasionally get pressure from agents t change calls. I assumed that ws the case here, but turns out the astros were the ones who challenged the call.

1 Like

Yankees ALDS roster will be one less:

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1579951930301763585?s=20&t=57oMmAEqURPk18QSNL6Tpg

I donā€™t have a problem with MLB entering into a deal with a cannabis company. I do however think they should have thought longer and harder about making it with a company using the name of a classic of childrenā€™s literatureā€¦

1 Like

That is an excellent point.

2 Likes

SOME WEED

Charlotteā€™s Web is named after Charlotte Figi whose story had led to her being described as "the girl who is changing medical marijuana laws across America. "Her parents and physicians say she experienced a reduction of her epileptic seizures brought on by Dravet syndrome after her first dose of medical marijuana at five years of age. Her usage of Charlotteā€™s Web was first featured in the 2013 CNN documentary ā€œWeedā€.

1 Like

I had friends who moved from TN to CO to gain access to this about 10 years ago. The child was having upwards of 300 micro seizures a day! Charlotteā€™s Web has helped her tremendously - it is exactly the one they should be partnering with. Zero doubt to the public it is truly medical THC.

6 Likes

Bruce Bochy is going to manage the Rangers

Thatā€™s a good hire.

I hope they keep playing like shit.

2 Likes

If youā€™re the Rangers you hire him in a second. If youā€™re Bochy though, why the Rangers? Surely there would be a better spot to manage, if he really wanted to manage again. The White Sox would be a much better job.

with a much worse owner.

I do agree the CWS seem poised to compete just as soon as they have a manager who doesnā€™t fall asleep at intersections.

1 Like

I donā€™t know too much about the Rangers owner, I would like to know even less, but living in Fort Worth I do hear some things. It doesnā€™t seem like he is well liked. The way he fired Jon Daniels was about as shitty as it gets

Maybe Bochy wants the challenge. Competing in a division with the Astros and Mariners will not be easy.