Baseball Miscellany

Fuck the massholes/cheaters/red-sux.

Thoughts and prayers in their time of struggle.

2 Likes

You hate to see it.

Man, that’s hilarious.

Can a whole team have the yips?

Man, that 1B Vazquez takes a beating time and again. It’s like the entire infield hates him.

It’s a combination of Bobby Dalbec (71 g) and Franchy Rodriguez (40 g), but your point is well taken. Having shit defense at first is absolutely killer, and just shouldn’t happen at the major league level.

They need to get their vision checked. They may need glasses.

At a certain point watching that I started wondering how this rut hasn’t gotten Cora fired, then I realized I wasn’t even halfway through the video.

They’d be even worse without him

In all fairness, though I don’t care about being fair to the Red Sox, half their roster is/was on the DL for most of the season. Some argue they are at .500 because of Cora.

I wonder how many home games the Cards will get to play in Milwaukee after the St Louis floods.

Braves and CFM putting on a clinic on how NOT to play defense against the Phillies.

Yep, dickstomping extraordinaire.

Dodgers-Nats
Braves-Phillies
Astros-A’s

series not going as expected

Trout diagnosed with rare spinal condition (costovertebral dysfunction), no timetable for his return. Angels trainer says it’ll have to be managed for the rest of his career. Needless to say, Trout going the way of Griffey would be terrible for baseball.

So was that the “back tightness” that took him out of the lineup against us? And he’s been out since then?

Guess so. I should add that after the story broke, Trout said it’s overblown.

Interesting article on some of the mental aspects of hitting, and the almost-instantaneous decisions you have to make. I’d be curious to hear what some of yall think:

Adam Wainwright is pitching to Cavan Biggio tonight.

Craig was 3-11 against Wainwright.

moment of zen

3 Likes

Lost to the Indians 7-6 tonight. 1-5 in the current homestand and have fallen below .500.

3 errors from Cordero tonight.