Baseball Miscellany

Finished “Lords of the Realm” on my trip. What an amazing history of constantly trying to kill the golden goose.

In case y’all missed it, I created a new thread for all of the grid responses – I thought it would be interesting to keep them together and helpful for those who want to try first and read later. Not being a policeman here, though – just wanted you to notice it.

2 Likes

Thanks for doing that. This good/important thread has been cluttered/overwhelmed by a topic that’s just not that interesting to me.

1 Like

Damn, I knew that and thought that’s where I was posting. Thanks for the pick-me-up.

Can you think of any other threads that are being cluttered?

1 Like

Yes, this one:

People talking about drinking drinks other than beer and gin. Totally clutters an otherwise good thread.

das has standards, and quite often many of us fail to measure up.

It’s a real burden sometimes, being as awesome as I am.

Well, I generally fail to live up to everyone’s standards.

2 Likes

This seems to be a Michael S type of trait. Perhaps cursed by our names.

Standards are overrated.

1 Like

I’ve got Stannard friends thank you very much :slight_smile:

No help from TB.

WP in the 9th gives Arlington a 3-2 win.

Watching Yankees @ Angels because it went to Extras after Ohtani hit a tank to tie it late.

Rizzo facing Loup moved the ghost runner to 3rd with a ground ball to 1st.
Bader down flailing.
Volpe down flailing.

Two terrible ABs.

Renfro swings at a change up 2 feet off the plate outside to K.
Rengifo PHing for Cabbage, Yankee mound visit.

Ramirez back on the bump, facing Rengifo. Wallach is the runner on 2nd, btw. Quickly down 0-2, popped to shallow right. 2 outs.
Stefanic up with 2 outs and a not very fast guy on 2nd, 0-1, ripped down the LF line run scores without a throw!

Angels win.

Man, the Yankees are a dumpster fire.

3 Likes

Pitch was right down the middle thigh high fatty.

Thoughts/prayers

Could not possibly happen to a finer group of guys. So sorry, Yanks.

4 Likes

The Orioles now trail TB by only 1 game and actually lead by 1 in the loss column.

Oh, and the Yankees are now dead ass last.

1 Like