Baseball Miscellany

I had Carlton at STL, but could not remember anyone for CLE, even though Carlton was at the top of my head.

Did Carlton play for Cleveland? I had him on St.Louis and Wynn on Cleveland.

Yes, Carlton played one season towards the end of his career in Cleveland. I did not remember either until I looked it up.

I should have known, didn’t everyone?

Its like seeing Tom Seaver in those ugly 80s White Sox jerseys

Gaylord Perry: Cleveland

I got very little else

2 Likes

I always remember Early Wynn because he ended up with an even 300 wins and his name is always last on a list of 300 game winners. .

1 Like

Gaylord Perry fills in a lot of teams, including Cleveland.

1 Like

Starting pitchers sure used to pitch a lot more inning per year. Making it even more amazing is how many pitched well into their 40s. Might not ever see another 300 game winner.

Machado just hit his 300th homer, making him a likely future answer in Immaculate Grid.

1 Like

Are the column/row ‘douchebag’ and ‘played in both leagues’?

2 Likes

8 out of 9.

Word to the wise: Tim Raines never won a gold glove.

8 of 9 also.

I got Bert Blyleven confused for Jim Kaat

FYI Bert Blyleven never won a gold glove.

1 Like

I go my first 9/9 today, leaning heavily on former Expos for the Washington answers.

Is there a percentile distribution of rarity scores somewhere that I’m missing?

Finished “Lords of the Realm” on my trip. What an amazing history of constantly trying to kill the golden goose.

In case y’all missed it, I created a new thread for all of the grid responses – I thought it would be interesting to keep them together and helpful for those who want to try first and read later. Not being a policeman here, though – just wanted you to notice it.

2 Likes

Thanks for doing that. This good/important thread has been cluttered/overwhelmed by a topic that’s just not that interesting to me.

1 Like

Damn, I knew that and thought that’s where I was posting. Thanks for the pick-me-up.

Can you think of any other threads that are being cluttered?

1 Like

Yes, this one:

People talking about drinking drinks other than beer and gin. Totally clutters an otherwise good thread.

das has standards, and quite often many of us fail to measure up.