Astros @ Mariners, July 27, 2021

“I’m Johnny Knoxville and welcome to Olympic Jackass”

1 Like

Oh, Machete popped out to end the inning.

and she did not quit after a disappointing loss.

Would you have a problem with a player who knew he was hurting the team and risking further injuring himself telling the coach to sub him out?

I think Biles might be going through some debilitating depression that she didn’t plan on or wasn’t counting on happening at any point the past 16 years that she has trained her ass off–for this moment. I think she should be cut some slack.

2 Likes

The longest we swam in high school was the 500. I did that in a meet once. Once.

1 Like

These athletes are freaking amazing.

A 1500 seems like a punishment, not a goal.

1 Like

LMJ worked around a walk for a scoreless 5th.

Factoid on tv: we got 17 of the Mariners 29 saves today.

2 Likes

Their clubhouse sounds damn near mutiny.

1 Like

For the distance races, we had these whiteboards that you lower into the water as the swimmer approached so they’d know what lap they were on. Instead of putting 10 or 12 or whatever, sometimes we’d write “fuck you” or something and show it to the poor schlub on lap 18 or something. That was about the extent of my contributions to those races.

3 Likes

/cues Springsteen’s “Glory Days”

Maybe this helps soothe things a bit:

Just over here trying to process Hudson on the swim team.

Maybe he was a diver who specialized in the cannonball.

Triple Lindy

Love that swing from Yordan in that situation.

1 Like

Despite your view of me, I was actually a good ball player and pretty good all around athlete back in the day. As a swimmer I was pretty much a roster filler, but I wasn’t as bad as you’d like to think.

1 Like

Astros put runners on the corners with two out but Correa hits a dribbler.

Mid 6, 8-2. I’m going to bed.

Yeah, that’s not gonna work for our entertainment so we’re gonna rewrite it as a modern day Back to School.

We’ve already had a Triple Lindy reference. It’s practically writing itself.