Astros @ Guardians, 6/09/2023

Poop on this road trip. Just awful baseball starting Tuesday.

This was squarely on Pressly. He has to close that out. He has to.

4 Likes

I would mind the losing less if it weren’t a result of just absolutely dunderheaded play

1 Like

Maton and Martinez balled out. They shouldn’t be lumped in.

(Not you, HH. To anyone saying “pitching” in general.)

And that game winning double should have been caught if Chas didn’t have such a wet fucking noodle arm and had to play shallow SS to have a Chance for a throw to reach home plate on only four bounces.

I’d say supporting actors were Javier’s 5th inning and Montero serving up a bomb to Jose Ramirez to tie the game in the 7th.

It was so long ago that we’re losing sight of Javier absolutely gagging away 5 runs of support

1 Like

Every player on this team, except for Dubon and Maton, is worse than he was last year, due to either lesser on field performance, unavailability due to injury or both. That’s really fucking hard to do.

This, this pitch right here.

Two nights in a row when going for two backfired and cost runs.

I just watched the Peña error on the DP attempt. I think Altuve was late getting to the bag or he decided Peña should take it himself. It looked to me like Peña rushed it when he saw Altuve was not there. Fundamentals completely lacking.

That was the worst loss in a long, long time.

Agreed about Altuve being late to the bag. Don’t know if that entered into Peña’s calculus, but on replay it certainly looked to me that Altuve wasn’t going to make it to the bag on time.

Dusty lost this one. Seth never should have been in that long

Who else would you have pitched, Susie who joined 14 min ago? Who else was available to replace Martinez?

Yep, and I think Peña expected him to be there. Peña was not that close to the bag.

WhY didNT hE UsE FRamBur?

1 Like

Live I couldn’t tell if Altuve was late getting there or if he pulled up when Peña went to the bag. But it should have been a routine 6-4-3. So much dick stomping last night.

In no way, shape, or form is this on Martinez. It only came to that inning because everyone else around him failed to do their jobs over and over.

1 Like

As my old rugby coaches would say, so many schoolboy errors last night. Martinez pitched as well as he could, but too many of teammates had an aversion to winning.

It’s always been hard to win in extra innings on the road. It’s been made even harder with the Manfred Man. Last night the Astros just refused to win.