Astros @ damnyankees, May 8, 2024

Yet he (Arrighetti) is ranked the #1 Astros pitching prospect. Not real comforting.

2 Likes

Alas, back to 6.

Not watching - how the fuck does Diaz get thrown out at third on a grounder to SS down by 6 runs?

By being a dumbass.

I’m sure he thought they wouldn’t bother with him. He was wrong.

Diaz ran to third on the grounder and the shortstop threw it to the third baseman who tagged him out. That’s basically the sequence of events.

It’s over. 9-4.

Holy shit, I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

This team is fucking awful.

3 Likes

This game was over after three pitches.

1 Like

As so many are.

I believe I’ve seen enough of Espada. It’s the manager’s job to get the most out of his players and he clearly is not doing that.

I wish this were true.

Desperate times. Theres not much you can do on the player side to shake things up. I hate it for Joe because its not all his fault, not even sure it’s even 30% his fault. But it’s probably time he falls on his sword.

It was a fielder’s choice and Dubon, who would have been out if Diaz wasn’t running like a zombie, did end up scoring. So it didn’t really fuck up anything, but was certainly emblematic of the idiocy of this team’s season so far.

That summarizes this season so far.

The competitive seasons have left me expecting hold and save opportunities at the END of EACH game, forgetting that the game may be over bf the good guys can even touch a bat…

Except in each of the last two games they touched not just a bat but also home plate before the Yankees came to bat.

Yes, should have included away games: “….so many games have effectively been lost bf the 2nd or 3rd inning….”

Starting to feel this way about the season.

At this point, suits me just fine to finish dead last and get the number one pick. Charlie Condon, come on down!!!

Except that I read something the other day that seemed to say that, because we’re a big market team (like LA and NY, not), we can’t have #1, and maybe even not top 5.

Wut?

Knowing what we know about Crane, I’m sure he’s seething like the rest of us. Espada and/or the hitting and pitching coaches are probably the first domino to fall to see if that sparks the team. If those changes don’t work, start exploring trades for older players or free agents to be like Bregman and Pressly. Decide whether you would rather keep Verlander and Framber for 2025, or if the return in a trade is more appealing.

Also, decide out whether you are willing to pay up to keep Kyle Tucker (he should be) or explore trades for him, too. I would also see if another team wants to take a chance on fixing Hunter Brown and would give me a decent return, unless my hope for next year is to turn him into a bullpen weapon. Realistically, I’d expect the offers to not be good enough for Brown and he gets converted to a reliever.

If things don’t turn around, I’d expect players that aren’t deemed to be part of the 2025 roster to be traded by August. I wouldn’t expect the Crane to think an entire tear down is necessary.