Astros @ damnyankees, May 8, 2024

I sincerely doubt the Astros finish with fewer wins than the White Sox or the Rockies. Those are easily the two worst teams in baseball this season. The Angels without Mike Trout are also up there.

The Astros have played 28 games out of 36 against teams with winning records, and 31 of their 36 games have come against teams currently .500 or better (the Nationals are .500).

“Big market” teams cannot win the lotto back to back years, or be top 10 back to back years.

Edit: basically if the Astros were to win the number 1 pick for 25 and were bad again, they cannot have a top 10 pick in 26

2 Likes

I had completely forgotten that they changed the draft rules (when you’re picking at the end of the rounds, or have your picks taken away, there wasn’t much reason to pay attention).

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification.

Me too. Forgot about the new lottery.

Yeah … But those teams all have their winning percentages inflated because of playing the Astros.

6 Likes

Of the teams with winning records the Astros have faced, all would still have winning records if they hadn’t played the Astros.

The Braves would be 19-12 instead of 22-12.

The Cubs and Royals would both be 19-16 instead of 22-16.

The Rangers would be 19-13 instead of 22-17.

The Guardians would be 23-11 instead of 24-13.

The Yankees would be 19-13 instead of 25-13.

The Mariners would be 18-17 instead of 20-18.

The Astros have been absolutely terrible, but it’s also true they have had a difficult schedule to start this season.

1 Like

If they were 16-20, I’d be feeling ok because of the, frankly brutal, schedule they have had so far. Flip 4 of those “what the fuck just happened” games and they are in a fine spot about to possibly take off.

Also, if they weren’t getting their fucking doors blown off 1/3 of the time, maybe that argument would have a little more credence.

Losing close games to good teams is understandable, getting the absolute donkey piss beat out of you repeatedly… Not quite.

6 Likes

So much fucking this. It’s not just the record, it’s that they’re routinely playing Andy Dufresne to their opponents Sisters.

jesus

Exactly what I say trying to watch the games.

1 Like

8th worst run differential in MLB

I literally couldn’t present you with better evidence there is no jesus.

1 Like