Astros at Orioles, 8/8/23

That was the sharpest Pressly has been in a while.

3 Likes

He might be thinking about another batter. None of the balls to Singleton were close. One didn’t even make it fully in this frame.

Strike one to Singleton was at his shoulders. Did you watch this game?

1 Like

That’s weird man because what I saw was two pitches that just dipped over the plate low (splitters).
My gamecast had it much closer… weird.

RISP - Astros 4 for 8; O’s 1 for 6.

Possibly the best game of the year, certainly the best comeback!

Balls three and four to Singleton bounced. They weren’t anywhere close to being over the plate. They didn’t even reach the plate.

1 Like

Could you imagine digging in on a guy that throws that hard and is clearly that wild? Stainless steel balls on those guys.

4 Likes

Also…credit Framber for putting his big boy pants on and continuing to pitch. Weird to say it down 5-0, but he ended up keeping the team in the game and also saved the bullpen for the rest of the series.

7 Likes

Bautista had allowed 5 ER in 52 innings.

He allowed 4 in that inning.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Nothing to do with anything, but in all my years playing I never hit two home runs in a game and I never hit a grand slam. I would have loved to have hit a slam.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/aria1exander/status/1689090106458591232?s=61&t=07u7awM78Uj9N_EdmaJ0qg

I’d say what Kyle Tucker did here, but I don’t want to get in trouble with Orioles management

5 Likes

His ERA went from 0.85 to 1.52 on that one swing.

6 Likes

Outstanding!

I guess not very closely.

Maybe he can go explain “Karma” to his boss.

1 Like

(Pitch just before the slam, the broadcaster observes…)

“I don’t know if he’s on him, but he’s certainly in the same Zip code…
30 pitches by Bautista - just what the Astros wanted.”

Tucker!!!

(ESPN) He’s the first player this season to hit a grand slam in the 9th inning or later with his team trailing by 3.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1689097556028985344

2 Likes

Okay, after watching it again, I can only say that, while the pitches were not within a half a foot of each other, the first strike on Singleton and the last strike of the game were both a couple of inches off the strike zone image. Looked like balls, called strikes.

I couldn’t be happier to be wrong.

6 Likes