Astros at Orioles, 8/8/23

Fuck you, Snuffy. No one here cares what their broadcasters say.

This game had a turning point feel to me.

6 Likes

The Commish!

Huge grand slam by Tucker. One swing of the bat kept us from dropping a game in the standings. Really need another W tomorrow since Arlington is still playing the A’s.

2 Likes

I wasn’t paying close attention when it happened, did they initially give Tucker an E on that “triple” and then change it?

I don’t know what they initially ruled, but it should have been an error.

1 Like

Postgame presser…Hyde discussing the ejection says the umpire looked confused, didn’t make a call right away and didn’t argue, just asked the ump to ask for help. So…yeah, looks like Hyde wasn’t paying attention to the game. And didn’t watch the replay.

Good breakdown as usual on Close Call on YT.

BBGs made their ruling in the 9th.

Hometown scorekeeper

Exactly right.

You’ll still need to read the on air apology management has prepared for you

2 Likes

Unforgettable!!!

…The only other time in his career Bautista surrendered four runs was also against the Astros in an 11-10 loss on Sept. 24, 2022 — his last outing allowing multiple earned runs…

(Again, Tucker was in the middle of it, w/ RBIs by Bregs, Tuck, & Gurriel (2). Tuck scored the winning run, driven in by Gurriel.)

Highlights of Sept. 24, 2022 Astros 100th win in Baltimore!

Not that the decision mattered in the end, but it cost Framber 3 ER

Yeah there have been many laughable scoring decisions over the years, but holy crap that one was indefensible.

I really don’t give a crap about Framber’s earned runs (I’m sure he does, and rightfully so).

That’s a big league RFer under a ball who mistimes a jump he didn’t need to make in the first place. It’s a fucking error.

2 Likes

Man of the hour related news (I hope this is accurate):

https://twitter.com/BLima790/status/1689286381493723136?t=8eMeDjkeNeBzMakMlu_PUQ&s=19

“Lemme put it to you this way, Kyle Tucker will be a Houston Astro. We feel strongly about getting it done & I feel he will be an Astro for the rest of his career. We’ll get it done.” -Astros GM Dana Brown about Tucker’s contract.

8 Likes

Exactly. If Tucker’s gonna drop that ball, least they can do is score it correctly

Love the quote from Brown you posted above

I, too, love the cut of Brown’s jib. Now, just get it done.

I LOVE this but he’s got a tall order now.

1 Like

The Braves excelled at locking up their young stars pre-FA while he was there, hoping he brought that knowledge and mojo with him

2 Likes

My worry is that the Braves were a special case largely proceeding from the first domino of Acuna’s extension, that the Astros players are unlikely to take such deep discounts, and that Crane is unwilling—perhaps rightly—to pony up the dosh it will take. Brown after all came on extremely fired up to extend Tucker and Valdez and immediately nothing happened and all that went quiet.

Sure do appreciate his tune, though.

2 Likes