Astros at Guardians, 8/5/22

Yep, I just see it as they have different personalities. Both good ballplayers, both pros. They’re exactly who we needed.

The comment that he “owes us performance”. Implying he’d give anything less is insulting IMO. Your mileage may vary.

1 Like

Oh, ok

WTF?

I have zero concerns about Vazquez being a good addition.

1 Like

B4:

Gonzalez singles up the middle, Framber able to dodge the liner at his noggin
Naylor pops out to 3B, Gonzalez doubled off of 1B…not sure WTF Gonzalez was thinking
Miller bounces back to the box

8-1 Astros

What the hell was he doing?

I never said or implied that.

Looked like he thought Bregman would drop it intentionally. But even if he does, he’s an easy out at 2B. The only way he could completely fuck it up is to do what he did.

He turned and said something to the 1B coach. If it was not “WTF am I doing?” I have no idea what it was.

That’s a great pick at 2nd

I know you didn’t.

Others seem a little worried about his buy in.

T5:

Bregman singles to CF
Mancini lines out to CF
Peña grounds into 4-6 FC on a nice play up the middle by Freeman, Bregman out at 2B
McCormick grounds out 4-3 behind 2B

Halfway…8-1 Astros

I was talking about demeanor and emotions, not professionalism or effort. That’s all.

1 Like

Or “sorry coach, I had my head completely up my ass”

Here is a random thought, and anyone who jumps on me can do the jumping in a lake:

Claim JBJ on waivers, and send him to AAA. If Meyers does not come around, bring up JBJ for defense and an occasional platoon with Chas.

If that fucks up the 40-man, forget I said anything.

B5:

Freeman…0-2…1-2…foul…hit by pitch
Maile…0-2…strikes out looking
Straw grounds into 6-4 FC, can’t nip the speedy Straw at 1B
Benson, who came in for Kwan last inning…0-2…1-2…strikes out swinging, 2-3 on the putout

8-1 Astros

JBJ is worth a waiver flier, IMO. But likewise, don’t know any roster implications.

EVERY available OFer catches my eye these days.

1 Like

Tucker will be back, but we cannot keep running Meyers and Chas out there in the same lineup.