Astros at Guardians, 8/5/22

Vazquez is a pro. I’m sure he’ll give his best.

He’ll want to win another World Series. He’ll play hard

Kinda like Cole going to NYY after fighting them for two years, I guess. He held his nose when he signed the contract.

Other than being caught off guard when informed he was traded, what’s the evidence that Vazquez is unhappy?

Everything he said in his PC. He informed Cora from the Astros bench his pitcher was hurt. I am not saying he will not play hard, but he wishes he were still in Boston now.

1 Like

Urquidy was outstanding with him on Wednesday. He just needs to play more. It’s hard going from the only organization you have known in MLB to your new team while your old team is playing them, but to also to go from a starting role to splitting time with another established catcher.

I mean… its not the same thing at all. Cole was traded to the Astros and had no other attachment and only played against the Yankees once. Vazquez was a Red Sox player for over a decade, grew up with them, won a World Series with them and probably feels like they were still in it this year.

1 Like

Turn on your sarcasm meter.

Whoops. Its been a long day

This interview. Players are probably still in shock and trying to process events. It’s s roughly equivalent to asking Mrs Lincoln about the play: wrong time, wrong situation, wrong topic

T4:

McCormick draws a leadoff walk
Meyers…0-2…1-2…2-2…flies out F8
Maldonado drops a flair single to CF, McCormick to 2B
Altuve doubles to LCF, McCormick scores, Maldonado to 3B

And that’ll be all for Gaddis

I’m not worried a bit about Vazquez. None of his reactions are anything but normal.

Vazquez was caught the moment he found out, while on the field.

Zero time to process.

We don’t need to hike our skirt up to get him to like us.

Contrast his PC with Mancini’s. That is all I am saying. I am going to STFU now.

1 Like

There is no reason whatsoever to question Vazquez’s professionalism

Vazquez said he learned in the clubhouse before BP. He went out on the field and hit with his guys anyway. He is grieving and in shock for sure.

FUCK!!! Who did that???

I hear you. He was the longest tenured Red Sox and I’m sure one of the clubhouse leaders, but Mancini was in a similar boat too. Definitely different personalities and reactions.

T4:

Hentges in for the Guardians

Gurriel grounds out 4-3, Maldonado scores, Altuve to 3B
Alvarez grounds out 6-3 in the shift

8-1 Astros

Josh who?

2 Likes