Astros at Arlington, 8/31/22

I was wondering if Kyle would be willing to take a pitch the other way into a largely abandoned left side of the infield. Yes, he would, it turns out.

Dugout report:

Framber and Yordan are giving Altuve shit about missing a HR by a few dozen feet.

Also: Yordan is a large human.

Dugout report:

Young fan and his brother are back holding a “it’s my 10th birthday Go Astros” sign.

Yordan waved and someone else threw them a ball.

Both kids floating back to their seats.

Hensley now 3-3

The difference between shots of Vazquez shoulders up and full body make me laugh. He’s so squatty.

Good awareness/baserunning by Vazquez to get to 3rd.

Way to watch strike three all the way in to the mitt, Jose.

There’s a term for that, you know.

1 Like

When Vazquez slid into second he popped up and asked Hensley if that was 3 hits.

Looked like the Astros threw the ball into the dugout.

Dubon was supposed to call Altuve off there? Even with his late jump, he would have had it had he called Altuve off.

I don’t think Dubon saw the ball well the entire time. His “dive” was to get away from Altuve, not for the ball.

1 Like

I know. he curled slightly right to avoid Altuve. I guess I mistook that as deference to Altuve. I did not consider Dubon did not see it well. I guess that’s why he was looking up afterwards. Maybe lights or something.

Stud pitch by Javier to K Seager.

I’ve said this before but I fucking hate watching games at this barn on TV. This camera angle in CF is awful

well shit

I know. Did you see that final strike to Seager? It looked like it started outside and finished inside. And, it was straight as an arrow.

IT’S A SHIFT!

As soon as Javier made his move on the balk he looked up at Angel.

With 1 out don’t know if it was intentional but it definitely was not a little flinch.

I can’t recall ever seeing the full home plate shot move as much as theirs does either. Not major, but it’s constantly moving slightly left and right.

It’s taken from such a long distance. I wonder if the camera is not mounted well. Small movements of the floor or stand would be seen with such a long shot.