Around the AL West 2022

Wantz threw at the head of a player and plunked another.

3 games is ridiculously low.

2 Likes

Nevin sent in a player specifically to go headhunting. 10 games should be the minimum.

4 Likes

Manny Del Campo is listed in the official announcement as the major league interpreter. So do they call their top interpreter up from AAA while he serves his suspension?

4 Likes

Depends on whether he’s a prospect or just an org guy.

Neris got an initial 4 game suspension for “intentionally” throwing at a couple of Mariners and he wasn’t nearly as obvious about his intent as Wantz.

Neris is an Astro. Of course it’s different.

I look forward to the old sea-hags being booed incessantly now at The Big A rather than the Astros.
Always thought it was interesting having halos fans show such vitriol towards a team that has owned them since being frog-marched to the Softball League/AL West, especially after the sign obtaining affairs.

Then again, when your team is the la clippers of beisbol in SoCal, I guess that happens :man_shrugging:t3:

Angels reliever Archie Bradley fractured his elbow in a fall during the brawl:

Like real premature dumbass…

Seattle has now won 8 games in a row and are 16-3 since I posted the above.

Now do the Angels!

Well, don’t do it again.

They won’t get to play the Rangers all season.

Speaking of the Rangers, maybe they should have brought up Matt Carpenter instead of releasing him.

Carpenter now with 13 homers in 30 games for the Bronxites after hitting two tonight against the Sox.

(Austro also mentioned in another thread)

Nothing particularly newsy if you’ve checked the schedule but i thought it a tad interesting when I read it…

The Mariners of course are riding a 14-game winning streak going into the second half.

10 of their first 13 games are against the Astros (7) and Yankees (3). Looking a week beyond that Seattle has another series vs NY so it’s 13 of their first 19 games versus Astros/Yankees.

1 Like

Seattle at home with an extra day of all star break. Meanwhile, the Astros play a double header and fly all night, and we can be sure Dusty will rest half his starters.

Split squad for the Astros in Game 1.

Dubon in CF and McCormick at DH. No Alvarez.

I’m assuming he’ll play Game 2 against the right hander.

Also, apparently Pressly is on the paternity list and will not be available for either game today.

Will he be on the plane to Seattle?