Angels @ Astros, May 21, 2024

Completely missed that story, thanks very much.

On Abreu, I wish I could simply say I didn’t fear that was the case. As for Tucker, Crane has to give him a long-term contract. You do not let an MVP caliber player in his prime leave your organization, regardless of your stance about contracts longer than six years.

JosĂ© Abreu is part of this team,” manager Joe Espada said Monday. “We cannot get to where we want to get to without JosĂ© Abreu.

Quoted from The Athletic. I guess I’m supposed to say that.

Bull Shit. If we can’t, then we are truly fucked.

2 Likes

Enjoy this season by Tucker. It’s going to be special.

I’ll reiterate, I don’t see Singleton as any type of long term solution. I love his story and HOPE I look like an idiot by the end of the season for saying this. But I could care less at this point who’s playing first. If experimenting with what is likely sunk cost is what they want to do, then great. There’s a trade deadline for a 1st basemen. Might as well find out now.

1 Like

That stood out to me, too. Which makes the comment OUTSTANDING.

1 Like

The Astros are trying to pull themselves out of the massive ditch they dug in April and May. Now is not the time to experiment with Jose Abreu at 1B. He lost his job because he was terrible. Either he proves he can hit velocity in the minors, or he doesn’t get his job back.

3 Likes

He looks amazing in the cage, man, what are you talking about.

3 Likes

Pressley gets out of the 8th by the hair on his chinny chin chin. Still 5-5.

Nailed it.

2 Likes

We have to win this fucking game.

1 Like

Nice pluck, Jeremy!

Walk it off boys

That’s some outstanding discipline down at Jackass Cove.

[quote=“DVauthrin, post:46, topic:2585, full:true”]

I’d agree that’d be nice. But Abreu will return this season unless he retires. Maybe Singleton becomes a god and nobody cares, but as long as there’s this deep of a 1b hole in the organization, Abreu will get playing time. I hope he can figure it out.

Goddammit Caratini! You had one job, hit it on the ground to the right side. So you hit it in the air to left. FUCK that shit drives me crazy!

5 Likes

Astros take a shit on Yanier’s leadoff double.

Extras.

Fucking hell guys. You can’t score a fucking leadoff double in a tie game? Come on.

Several pretty shit at bats after Diaz gift wrapped them a lead off double.

They’re all going rogue!

I’l give Espada exactly one thing: he’s recognized that Hader in the 9th in a tie game, then leave him in for the 10th, is the right move.

1 Like