Angels @ Astros, May 21, 2024

I hope we do better with a runner on 2nd with no outs in the 10th, than we did with a runner on 2nd with no outs in the 9th.

That’s big boy pitching

Altuve was the worst one. He had a 3-1 count and took an 0-2 swing

Bregman moves the runner! Bregman moves the runner!

2 Likes

It’s comforting to see that Hader is starting to settle in. Next we need to work on Pressly, and then Abreu.

1 Like

Game

JP!!!

1 Like

Pena comes through!

1 Like

Great swing by Peña.

1 Like

PENA!

1 Like

Total BS

It’s been so good to see Pena adjust back to the league this season. What a badass.

6 Likes

He has to play to earn it back. It should not take long to determine if he is better.

2 Likes

Let’s killem tomorrow to win the series!!

1 Like

I hope you are right.

Had to have this one after yesterday’s meltdown. They really need to take advantage of these winnable games before the upcoming 4 game series in Seattle.

1 Like

I just would like to remind everyone just how long it took to do something about a literal black hole in the lineup:

22 Games played
71 ABs
7 hits
1 EBH, a double
3 RBI (two of which were in his second to last game, against the 15-32 Rockies)
3 walks

This isn’t somebody who is scuffling a little bit, this is a person who would be the literal worst hitter in baseball if he had enough ABs to qualify (the lowest number of qualifying ABs is 122 by Colton Cowser of the O’s, hitting a lovely .270) by 60+ points (interestingly Randy Arozarena is the worst qualifiying hitter with 29 hits in 181 ABs, with 6 doubles and 8 HR, 5 more doubles and 8 more homers than Abreu).

I hope that he comes back and rakes, but there is literally nothing that suggests that he’ll be anywhere near league average (which Singleton is surprisingly close to for 1B, despite his not super impressive numbers).

5 Likes

As much as i have supported Abreu in this forum, your post is 1000% correct.

1 Like

Everyone keep talking about the need to extend Tucker. I agree that would be optimal, but think it is going to be tough.

I’m thinking Pena is the player the team should be looking hard at extending. Nice bounce back year for him at the plate and his defense continues to be plus, plus.

I just don’t see the Astros offering more than 5-6 years and that won’t get it done with Tucker. We had better enjoy watching him while he is here.