ALDS Game 4, Astros @ White Sox

McCullers’ home and road splits are disturbing

Normally I would agree with this. But I worry they will be on McCullers and he won’t dominate them as he did in game 1. McCullers pitches better at Minute Maid. I hope he proves me wrong.

Me too, the rain day cools off the fever rage going on right now in the Chicago universe

Then we will not win the WS if you think the best pitcher cannot handle a game on the road.

4 Likes

I assume Framber pitches a potential Game 5, no?

Yep, no doubt. Plus all hands on deck.

1 Like

Sure, everyone is available. Just sounded like Doyce was suggesting a bullpen game or something.

Oh a short leash with Urquidy/Greinke and everyone else ready to go at a moments notice

1 Like

Not a bullpen game per se but everyone on a short leash.

Of course. That would be the case with McCullers, Framber, Urquidy or Cy Young himself. I believe that would be what they refer to as a “must win” game.

2 Likes

My question would be if Mccullers gives you 6 and you have a lead. Is Greinke the first out of the pen for 7 and maybe 8? Or is it Stanek/Graveman/Pressly for the final 9 outs?

Never said that. And I did check, he’s actually better on the road, so there’s that. I just like Urquidy, think he mixes his pitches well and is a different look against a potent offense.

1 Like

That late I think you go with your normal pen of Stanek/Graveman/Pressly. I don’t think Greinke brings anything those guys don’t for an inning. Greinke’s value is being able to go 3-4 middle innings if you need it.

2 Likes

I kinda wish Stanek had more of the Garcia role. I think we would be best served if he is the fireman coming in to get a big out wherever in the game we are

Have the Sox said if they’ll stick with Rodon tomorrow or go back to Lynn?

Rodon, with Lynn/Giolito on deck for game 5

I have no strong confidence in Garcia or Urquidy. The latter maybe more because he was on the big WS stage in 2019.

I have confidence Urquidy will compete. He has good not great stuff but he has done nothing but put up good numbers when he’s been out there outside of his start against Oak last year

Yeah, much more confidence in him than in Luis G.

Rodon has not gone more than 5 innings since July 18th. He’s still a strikeout machine, but he’s not been able to go deep into games. It’s obviously all hands on deck for them tomorrow too. I would not be surprised to see Lynn tommorrow as well, with Giolito in a Game 5. But who knows.