ALCS 2022

It’s almost like the demand for tickets drives up the value or something.

4 Likes

And access through secondary markets put more people in play which also increases demand. The secondary markets really follow supply and demand.

Hope you and your eye are doing well.

1 Like

One may ask why I would schedule to have an elective surgery during the playoffs. In 2017 I had people ask why I would schedule a trip to Europe during the postseason. The only answer is, I’m a dumbass. But I hope for same ending as before.

2 Likes

Good. Lakey arranges for me to get tickets from the Phillies at face value, and that is the sole reason I have seen as many playoff games as I have.

1 Like

$160 apiece is one thing.

Getting a family of 4 there at that price another.

Now since I’m usually flying solo or going with a buddy and not bringing the whole family I am willing to pay it. But for folks who root for the Astros as a family I can see where it can get cost prohibitive in a hurry.

2 Likes

There’s also the question of whether taking the whole family is the right answer.

Family of four in front of me last night? They brought their four year old, who played on an iPad the entire game. Mom texted throughout most of the game. Don’t pay for the whole family to go if the whole family doesn’t want to be there.

6 Likes

That would drive me crazy.

The flip side: family of four in front of us who were as engaged in the game throughout as much as we were.

2 Likes

This is where you have to exercise some judgement and understand the situation. There are still bargain entertainment deals to be had taking your kids to a ballgame, but the LCS isn’t going to be one. If you think you can just take the family out to leisure night at the ballyard in the Postseason, you don’t get how it works. This isn’t Family Night in June.

2 Likes

Your dumbassery worked pretty well in 2017. I’m hoping this year’s pays off similarly.

The wife/mother bought one of the blue spangled Astros jackets you see many of around the park. When she came back to the seat after her purchase, Yuli and McCormick homered. She took it off for an inning or two, and when she put it back on, Peña homered. She was plenty proud of herself and of her jacket.

4 Likes

You should buy her another one tonight, preferably with the bases loaded.

2 Likes

I’ve had a pastrami sandwich at the game for the last 4 games I’ve attended. The Astros have won them. Guess what I’m eating at the ball park next time I go?

BTW, it is a damn good sandwich.

2 Likes

First things first: let’s actually string together hits to load the bases.

2 Likes

Right.

We need a bigger sample size before we can draw conclusions.

#science

1 Like

Bit surprising, but should be a beautiful night for baseball.

MLB “Yankees need a split here, open the roof”

Fuck MLB. That decision should be at the home team’s discretion.

2 Likes

I’m sure they’ve been leaned on. The TV broadcast is missing those dramatic blimp shots.