ALCS 2022

Maybe we’ll get lucky and get a couple of rainouts on NY.

Snowouts.

You’re a good man, and thorough

Having Roger Clemens throw the first pitch doesn’t exactly help with the “cheaters” narrative

3 Likes

For who?

1 Like

Last month of the season, I watched games but the Astros were so far ahead I didn’t pay as close as attention as I normally do. So what’s the deal with Stanek, he was our 8th inning guy, since the playoffs started not so much. Matchups? Or have other guys just over taken him?

I don’t think anybody knows. But Dusty has preferred Montero for some time. And Abreu has been getting a lot of work.

I do like the idea of keeping him in reserve, somewhat. These series’ have a way of exposing guys pretty quick in shallower pens. If it’s intentional, I’m down with it.

I’m down with what works! Just didn’t know if I had missed something.

I think knox is right, Dusty is saving him for a second closer if needed. I said something along those lines a few days ago. It’s puzzling since Stanek may well be the team’s best reliever, but if things go south late, the team has a shut down guy to put in in the 24th inning or wherever it happens.

I don’t know that I would do it this way but Dusty has won 400000 games as a manager and I haven’t.

Montero has been the 8th inning guy all year. Not Stanek this year. 7th or earlier usually.

Sat in 416 tonight, they were given to me. Family in front of me paid $650 for 4 tickets. Ridiculous. But tickets are gonna keep going up as long as people are willing to pay it. Which is part of the reason inflation is what it is. People just keep paying prices that are stupid. Add to that to get a beer and pee, you miss an inning and are out $40. Stop

At some point people need to stop paying for this.

2 Likes

You are probably/are right. Maybe it’s just the games I paid the most attention to where it felt like Stanek then Presley. If a recall Stanek has the best era in Astros history.

Last year, not this year. Montero has been the guy. Yes, re ERA.

1 Like

Why is $162.50/seat particularly outrageous?

It isn’t unless he meant $650 each.

$650 each is a bit much. But $650 for four seats at the ALCS doesn’t strike me as outrageous in this day and age. That would have been about $180 in 1980. In fact, compared to the average salary, that’s cheaper today than it was in 1980.

This is true. To me, it is expensive but it’s the going price. If I want to go bad enough, I pay the price. I have no one offering me free tickets. This year, I’m not likely to go to any post season games because I had cataract surgery on my left eye yesterday and will have the right eye done in two weeks. I have to limit my activities and the cost for the replacement lenses has limited my entertainment budget.

I paid 160 for section 316.

That is a bit of a jump for a higher section. But i buy tickets from my neighbor and he doesn’t hack the prices on me.

We paid almost $150 each face value for the ALDS; I do not think that is outrageous at all. I expected an increase for the ALCS, and there will be another one IF we get to the WS.

It can easily break the bank to go to a game. Ticket increases, parking, concessions increased.

I don’t remember prices increasing for concessions in post years but maybe i just didn’t notice.